Evening sit #4

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Nepabowhunter28

Evening sit #4

Unread postby Nepabowhunter28 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:17 am

10/6/21 was one of those hot muggy October days, and like Dan says people stay out of the woods when it’s hot for x amount of reasons. I’m already starting to hear a lot of that excuse from people and I’m not complaining! Yesterday evening was more of a scout mission so I went into a thick area creeping around looking for sign with my stand on my back and bow just in case that hot sign smacked me right in the face. Well, around an hour before close I came up to this area leading into the only oaks in the patch beat up with tracks, scat everything, and tore up with rubs all over the place. Pushed in just a little past that, got my stand 10ftish off the ground and had about 45min of daylight left with a lot of anticipation. No deer, but I felt like I had a small win because I was on to something good. Not sure if I just didn’t set up far enough or if the buck watched me from his bed and snuck right on out of there. But the grind continues and the above average temps they’re calling for the next week and a half aren’t going to discourage me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“It’s lonely at the top, but I sure like the view.” -Charlie sheen

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”