THP Slowed Down

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: THP Slowed Down

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:19 am

Jurist wrote:
dan wrote:
Jurist wrote:
G-Patt wrote:No clue why, but I know YouTube has demonitized hunting shows that show killing and blood. They have other streams of income, and from listening to podcasts on this issue, Warb is saying the new YT policy isn't going to slow them down on videos. But considering all of the work they put into videos while knowing YT isn't going to pay a dime to show dead animals, I'm guessing they are slow rolling videos so they can line up paid sponsors for future ones. Just a guess though.

I warned Aaron, three or four years ago that they shouldn’t be banking on the YouTube money. That they are building their business model on quicksand, if the YouTube money is their primary revenue stream. Because they can take it away for absolutely no reason, other than their leftist sons of female dogs

Yep... Me and Aaron had that conversation in PA last year... they certainly have plans and alternate waus to survive...

I suggested that they actually do a little bit of a THP club kind of thing. That’s like 25-50 bucks you’ll get a shirt and a sticker to put on your vehicle. That’s only for subscribers. Because if they made their money only off of the subscriber base, then any review they gave on gear or anything would actually be worth more instead of like right now bear is giving them their bows which is why they’re shooting their bows.

I know they’re making money off their Murch because I’ve got a couple of their shirts and a hoodie.

Like I have HB.

Whatever they do hopefully it will Pay for Teds singing lessons

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta admire his willingness to get up there and go for it. But Roy Orbison, he’s not. Definitely authentic, tho.

Speaking of music amd THP, Jim Ryser does the music for THP, Shane Simpson and Ranch Fairy. That guy is astonishingly talented. Interesting backstory as well, but I’m glad he’s putting his love for hunting and gift of music together.

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:37 am

Just subscribed over there Dan, thanks for the link
American_Regular

Unread postby American_Regular » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:56 am

Subscriber 204 here. Thanks for link Dan.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:11 am

Hoping it's just a slow time of the year
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:17 am

dan wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
dan wrote:
Andr3wxmma wrote:I think its more a biproduct of slow early season hunts this year. They had a lot more success early last year. The demonetization might also be a factor, I really wish another video hosting site would blow up so all these hunting pages could boycott youtube.

Rumble

Do you think the viewership of your Rumble channel might get a boost if you added it to your signature?

Possibly... I make more money from youtube currently, but have been putting videos on rumble just to have a page already there and ready if youtube pulls my monetization. If I do any advertising it will be with Rumble to support rumble and videos on rumble, and wish others would do the same, but cause hunting sites advertise on youtube, they need hunting shows... So they probably are not enforcing anti hunting policies unless you have lots of strikes and I try to conform. I will try to post a link to my rumble account here for those who want to watch or support there...

Dan do you have a preference which one gets the views? I typically just watch it on whatever it gets uploaded to first.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:37 am

dan wrote:
Andr3wxmma wrote:I think its more a biproduct of slow early season hunts this year. They had a lot more success early last year. The demonetization might also be a factor, I really wish another video hosting site would blow up so all these hunting pages could boycott youtube.

Rumble

Ive never heard of rumble. Don't even know what it is but definitely will check it out.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:40 am

Moose wrote:
dan wrote:

Rumble

Ive never heard of rumble. Don't even know what it is but definitely will check it out.

Looks like a variation of YouTube. Pretty cool. Thanks Dan!!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:42 am

Tsom wrote:
dan wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
dan wrote:

Rumble

Do you think the viewership of your Rumble channel might get a boost if you added it to your signature?

Possibly... I make more money from youtube currently, but have been putting videos on rumble just to have a page already there and ready if youtube pulls my monetization. If I do any advertising it will be with Rumble to support rumble and videos on rumble, and wish others would do the same, but cause hunting sites advertise on youtube, they need hunting shows... So they probably are not enforcing anti hunting policies unless you have lots of strikes and I try to conform. I will try to post a link to my rumble account here for those who want to watch or support there...

Dan do you have a preference which one gets the views? I typically just watch it on whatever it gets uploaded to first.

No... your good either way. Some of the stuff aint getting put on rumble yet though... For now its only been what I put up personally
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:43 am

Rumble is a conservitive video host that competes with Youtube but allows free speach... The pay add money just like face book too... Its owned by Dan Bongino
Autiger
500 Club

Unread postby Autiger » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:41 am

Not sure how the monetization works on YT, can it be turned on or off by video or is it by channel? If by video, I would just put together the entire hunt to hit your time requirement, then draw back and go to a black screen and end the video. Then just post a non-monetized video of impact and recovery separate. You could even tease the drop of the impact video by asking for X many thumbs up to the monetized video to boost the algorithm.
Swamp Beast

Unread postby Swamp Beast » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:13 pm

Autiger wrote:Not sure how the monetization works on YT, can it be turned on or off by video or is it by channel? If by video, I would just put together the entire hunt to hit your time requirement, then draw back and go to a black screen and end the video. Then just post a non-monetized video of impact and recovery separate. You could even tease the drop of the impact video by asking for X many thumbs up to the monetized video to boost the algorithm.

Or every time he shoots a deer he can edit rainbows squirting out of it
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:22 pm

Also subscribed!
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:44 pm

Just subscribed and added a bookmark, I’m going to try and watch all hunting beast videos on rumble, just got to get out of the habit of clicking on YouTube.
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Yeah THP crushed it early season last couple years.

I’m sure it’s tough going to new states with a couple of new guys on the team and trying different ways to get it done. They could have gone back to North Dakota and Nebraska and probably gotten it done, but you gotta appreciate the willingness to go new places and eat tags. Enjoy the videos regardless of whether they kill or not. Hopefully they start enjoying some success for all the hard work.
Strategically Inefficient
Jmitch

Unread postby Jmitch » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:47 pm

Jurist wrote:
dan wrote:
Jurist wrote:
G-Patt wrote:No clue why, but I know YouTube has demonitized hunting shows that show killing and blood. They have other streams of income, and from listening to podcasts on this issue, Warb is saying the new YT policy isn't going to slow them down on videos. But considering all of the work they put into videos while knowing YT isn't going to pay a dime to show dead animals, I'm guessing they are slow rolling videos so they can line up paid sponsors for future ones. Just a guess though.

I warned Aaron, three or four years ago that they shouldn’t be banking on the YouTube money. That they are building their business model on quicksand, if the YouTube money is their primary revenue stream. Because they can take it away for absolutely no reason, other than their leftist sons of female dogs

Yep... Me and Aaron had that conversation in PA last year... they certainly have plans and alternate waus to survive...

I suggested that they actually do a little bit of a THP club kind of thing. That’s like 25-50 bucks you’ll get a shirt and a sticker to put on your vehicle. That’s only for subscribers. Because if they made their money only off of the subscriber base, then any review they gave on gear or anything would actually be worth more instead of like right now bear is giving them their bows which is why they’re shooting their bows.

I know they’re making money off their Murch because I’ve got a couple of their shirts and a hoodie.

Like I have HB.

Whatever they do hopefully it will Pay for Teds singing lessons

Not sure how many people follow Randy Newberg but he is literally doing just that. He's calling it fresh tracks plus and I think its $80 a year or $10 a month for all his content plus some extras. Uploaded earlier and with no ads. Honestly with the way things are going i kinda think he is ahead of his time again just like when he left network tv. Not really sure how it would work but it be awesome if something similar could be done to include multiple content creators covered under one fee and ad and censorship concern free. Probably way easier said than done I suppose

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”