Southern Outdoorsman podcast with Bobby Worthington

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jimmy wallhanger
500 Club

Southern Outdoorsman podcast with Bobby Worthington

Unread postby Jimmy wallhanger » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:09 pm

Seen this posted on Facebook and gave it a listen to. Never heard of this guy before listening to this.

Seems like a genuine guy who has killed alot of big bucks. Has some good info. Part 2 of the podcast is on killing a buck once he's in range have not gotten to that yet but will tomorrow. Something about old guys with a southern drawl makes me feel at ease.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Ref0d ... l_branch=1

"I don't care if you use it or not, I could care less, There's no money in it for me, Im not making any money from scent-lok... I'm making a little bit of royalties from the saddlehunter suit"
Upatreeinwv

Re: Southern Outdoorsman podcast with Bobby Worthington

Unread postby Upatreeinwv » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Amen
SILhunter

Unread postby SILhunter » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:47 am

Go find the podcast they did with him earlier this year, it's a 3 part podcast and he goes into a lot more detail, worth a listen.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:54 am

Dude’s in the “legend” category. Really wonderful guy and communicator.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:26 am

He's one that is really good. As mentioned, there's some previous ones with him as well.

Also, Travis Murray. If you liked Worthington's, find his.
Brad
500 Club

Unread postby Brad » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:13 am

SILhunter wrote:Go find the podcast they did with him earlier this year, it's a 3 part podcast and he goes into a lot more detail, worth a listen.

I couldn't find another southern outdoorsman podcast with him. do you know the episode? was it a different podcast?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:51 am

Hard to argue with Bobby’s success on Giant public land bucks. I luv listening to Mr. Worthington. But he does primarily what I do. Makes it a good listen for me. If it ain’t what u wanna hear then I suspect u probably won’t care for it.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
live2hunt

Unread postby live2hunt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Brad wrote:
SILhunter wrote:Go find the podcast they did with him earlier this year, it's a 3 part podcast and he goes into a lot more detail, worth a listen.

I couldn't find another southern outdoorsman podcast with him. do you know the episode? was it a different podcast?

Podcast names are confusing lol. Souther Ground Hunting on the sportsman’s nation episode 127 combines the original three part series. It’s top of my favorite all time podcasts.
BA-IV

Unread postby BA-IV » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Bobby is good at putting it into easy terms to understand. He’s a heckuva traditional archer to holding records out the wazoo. He’s one of my top guys I reposted to every year, along with Glen Solomon, Warren Womack, and a few others. It’s hard to beat southern guys with 20-30 even 40 years experience. They come up the hard way in deer hunting for sure.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:23 pm

live2hunt wrote:
Brad wrote:

Podcast names are confusing lol. Souther Ground Hunting on the sportsman’s nation episode 127 combines the original three part series. It’s top of my favorite all time podcasts.

That is a killer three-part series. I think they’re asked him like two questions per episode and he just ran with them. He’s undoubtedly a master at his craft and can communicate it very well.

There might be another SO podcast with him, but I was thinking about the Southern Ground one from last year.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
Bio1

Unread postby Bio1 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:56 am

Bobby is definitely a killer!
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Great podcast, for hardcore mature buck hunting, I think these guys have the best podcast.
BA-IV

Unread postby BA-IV » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:13 pm

I laughed pretty hard when he was telling them to pick properties that held the 180’s and Jacob said he would shoot a 135 all day, and Bobby said then I’m my wasting my time and breath talking to you :lol: :lol:
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:18 pm

BA-IV wrote:I laughed pretty hard when he was telling them to pick properties that held the 180’s and Jacob said he would shoot a 135 all day, and Bobby said then I’m my wasting my time and breath talking to you :lol: :lol:

That was awesome. :lol:

Made my lawn-mowing session a lot more fun. :D
----------

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”