Deer are starting to move!!!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brokenarrow1980
500 Club

Deer are starting to move!!!!

Unread postby Brokenarrow1980 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:22 am

I got a cell cam on a white oak tree and i had 4 different shooters on in the last 24 hours, 2 in daylight. God im ready for the season.

It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye..... then its just fun
Missionshooter
500 Club

Re: Deer are starting to move!!!!

Unread postby Missionshooter » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:27 am

BUCKS ARE MOVIN!!
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:48 am

Yeah, patterns have shifted. They’re off the summer fields for the most part in the last week or so.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
MitchB

Unread postby MitchB » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:13 am

I noticed a ton of acorns down on my walk into the office today.

So, help a newbie out here please. I’ve had my eye on a piece of public that bucks are bedding on and then crossing into private soybean fields and an open grassy area. Are the odds high that deer will be off this pattern and hitting oaks by the bedding areas now? I’m going to try to get out for another glassing session prior to Oct 1 but work is really busy right now.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:30 am

Right now is the very hardest time for me to find a sho nuff big en. Historically always has been rough on me this time of year. Lots of major changes going on in my parts. Milo fields cut recently, dove hunters pounding the fields, acorns starting to drop, bucks coming out of velvet etc…. Appears to me if I’m not out in the woods everyday it’s hard to stay ontop of what’s going on. Typically I start doing much better finding what I’m after about a week or 2 after our season opens. Not saying I find them in a killable situation. But I can at least find em. That makes me feel better :lol:
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:14 am

Saw a bachelor group of 5 bucks in beans a few days ago. Only one rubbed velvet off. Should be splitting up anytime now.
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:36 am

Yep checked some cams today and just pulled a few off summer spots cause not much happening. Time to transition to oaks. Checked one I had already moved to oaks and got a decent 10pt
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
CattailCommander

Unread postby CattailCommander » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:53 am

My target buck is still showing up on cam so lets hope he doesn't shift patterns within the next week and a half. If he does, I don't think he'll go far. Beans are starting to yellow, not many oaks in this area, just hoping the corn stays in for just a hair longer, as I think that's the primary food source they/he is hitting right now. Still need to find the pattern he is on, but I have more day light pictures of him this summer/late summer than I do anything after sunset.

Had a new buck show up on camera in a different spot a week or two ago in daylight that will probably be a shooter this year, as the wife is due Nov. 6, but is giving me more motivation to find an early season buck and kill him since I might not get out much end of Oct thru Nov.
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:23 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:Right now is the very hardest time for me to find a sho nuff big en. Historically always has been rough on me this time of year. Lots of major changes going on in my parts. Milo fields cut recently, dove hunters pounding the fields, acorns starting to drop, bucks coming out of velvet etc…. Appears to me if I’m not out in the woods everyday it’s hard to stay ontop of what’s going on. Typically I start doing much better finding what I’m after about a week or 2 after our season opens. Not saying I find them in a killable situation. But I can at least find em. That makes me feel better :lol:

Took the words right out my head.

I find August/September movment patterns to really be of lil to no use.

Till that last 3 to 5 days before our season opener happens, then by the second week if season travel patterns are perrty predictable until mid January.
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:53 pm

Mowing pastures today, saw 2 bucks moving, one around 2 pm, the other 2:30 pm. Not sure what was going on, they weren’t in the pasture I was mowing. Wind had really picked up, maybe that made them second guess where they were hiding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”