Whats your opening day plan?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

oldrank

Re: Whats your opening day plan?

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:05 pm

I'm just going to go with the flow, bro.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:36 am

Dewey wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:Work! What can I say I’m a real go getter….

Change of plans! Got into a school yard yelling match with my boss yesterday. Told him what I really thought of his policies and screwing me out of my annual rut vacation last season. Let a bunch of f-bombs fly and voiced a honest opinion about the current situation. Flat out told him I’m am here only to trade my time for money. I don’t give a flying rats *** what your numbers look like. We later agreed on I need some time off for the opener. So I’m taking my gear to some distant public I hunted for the first time last year. Not gonna be picky! Will see how it goes

Sounds like a typical day for me. :lol:

Glad it worked out for you. My tirades usually result in me working MORE hours. :doh:

It usually doesn’t work out in my favor either Dewey. Boss man is actually a really good guy. He’s big into salt water fishing. I have called him every name in the book over the years straight to his face and he holds no grudge. You can cuss him out like a dog and the very next morning he will put his arm around ya and whisper a dirty joke. He’s probably called me a bunch of stuff that no GM should ever say to an employee as well. But as crazy as it seems we work well together.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:11 am

Dewey wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:Work! What can I say I’m a real go getter….

Change of plans! Got into a school yard yelling match with my boss yesterday. Told him what I really thought of his policies and screwing me out of my annual rut vacation last season. Let a bunch of f-bombs fly and voiced a honest opinion about the current situation. Flat out told him I’m am here only to trade my time for money. I don’t give a flying rats *** what your numbers look like. We later agreed on I need some time off for the opener. So I’m taking my gear to some distant public I hunted for the first time last year. Not gonna be picky! Will see how it goes

Sounds like a typical day for me. :lol:

Glad it worked out for you. My tirades usually result in me working MORE hours. :doh:

Yeah no kidding. My boss just laughs and tells me he’s gonna give me something to complain about. I’ve had a total of 11 days so far since early April I didn’t have to carry my phone with me. Holiday weekends and my wedding. Otherwise I’ve been on call 24/7. And get calls most nights.

My boss won. I’m not complaining. Just happy to be here living the dream
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:37 am

Look like we are going have temps in low 50's with north wind. But, even temps in mid 80's. Morning looks promising.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
G-Patt
500 Club

Unread postby G-Patt » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:56 am

Hunting does opening day. I'll be in a creek (literally in the creek) next to a blow down early morning next to a busy crossing, waiting for momma doe to take a cool drink before heading to bed. If that doesn't work, I'll be hunting the last hour on Sunday doing something very similar but on a different public tract in between doe beds and soybeans. I'm all out of venison and I have some jerky, sausages and snack sticks in mind. :L:
On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”