A hunters clothesline.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

A hunters clothesline.

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:48 am

Nothing like the smell of the woods.
Before season I leave clothes in woods for weeks.

20210711_144126.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: A hunters clothesline.

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:04 am

No sun 30 yards away.

20210711_150119.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:11 am

I've always grabbed a garbage bag full of leaves every fall. And then threw my hunting cloths in a bin of them all winter. It seems to work pretty well. Every little bit helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:16 am

tgreeno wrote:I've always grabbed a garbage bag full of leaves every fall. And then threw my hunting cloths in a bin of them all winter. It seems to work pretty well. Every little bit helps.

Good idea never done that.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:26 am

Redneck clothes line edition.

Wrap clothes around trees and tie.

20210711_152354.jpg
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:31 am

tgreeno wrote:I've always grabbed a garbage bag full of leaves every fall. And then threw my hunting cloths in a bin of them all winter. It seems to work pretty well. Every little bit helps.

Just be sure to not use a scented trash bag; some have perfumes in them to "cover" kitchen garbage odors.
(It doesn't work. Just smells like kitchen trash doused with really cheap perfume. Yuck!)
Jimmy wallhanger
500 Club

Unread postby Jimmy wallhanger » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:53 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:Nothing like the smell of the woods.
Before season I leave clothes in woods for weeks.

20210711_144126.jpg

I got a bunch of ASAT also, love that pattern man
"I don't care if you use it or not, I could care less, There's no money in it for me, Im not making any money from scent-lok... I'm making a little bit of royalties from the saddlehunter suit"
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:58 am

That is just a reminder that season is getting a little closer. I bought my hunting license yesterday. Our bow season starts on Sept. 25th.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:42 am

I've picked a few ears of corn before it was harvested,shucked it and put that in a tote with my clothes.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Kentucky September 5th.
JP BowHunter

Unread postby JP BowHunter » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:08 pm

I’ve done something similar to this for many years. I drank the kool aid and bought scent blocking camo, packed my stuff in a tote lined with leaves. Wore only rubber boots when hunting...

This past year though I played the wind and planned my entry routes to my stand locations. I shot the biggest deer of my life quartering away at about eight yards wearing khakis, a solid green shirt, and leather work boots. (Mostly because it was hot!)

I still have that camo and use it when it gets colder and I can agree with you that anything you do helps. But I’m not as ate up with doing all of the scent controlling stuff that I used to do. That whitetail nose is just to good...
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:58 pm

JP BowHunter wrote:

I’ve done something similar to this for many years. I drank the kool aid and bought scent blocking camo, packed my stuff in a tote lined with leaves. Wore only rubber boots when hunting...

This past year though I played the wind and planned my entry routes to my stand locations. I shot the biggest deer of my life quartering away at about eight yards wearing khakis, a solid green shirt, and leather work boots. (Mostly because it was hot!)

I still have that camo and use it when it gets colder and I can agree with you that anything you do helps. But I’m not as ate up with doing all of the scent controlling stuff that I used to do. That whitetail nose is just to good...

I agree hard to beat a deers nose.
I bought a full set of scent lok once but it never seemed that I saw more deer using it.

Now I just use unscented soap, baking soda, pine needles and leave my hunting gear in the woods. All that expensive stuff just isn't needed. I do spray my gear with Atsko uv killer after I buy it i dunno how much it helps but after taking a black light to my old realtree walmart clothes glowed bright blue I started using it for every new piece of gear I buy. A bottle last a few years so its no biggie.

I do think camo plays a big role bow hunting.
When I used to wear advantage timber I saw deer all the time.

Hunted for years in mossy oak and realtree after my advantage timber suit wore out and my deer sightings went down and I was busted more. Now I wear Asat does it help help I think so. But it give me confidence that in crunch time I'm not going to get busted by sight.

I have some sitka for cold days but I put asat leaf suit on over it. Im sure I could kill deer in khakis or olive but I wouldn't feel as confident in them.

I definitely won't be buying a ozone thing or scent lok mess ever again. I now assume a deer will smell me and counter it by having camo that is harder for the deer to identify where I am.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Green deception appears to blend in well at least to my human eye. First year owning predator have heard alot of good things about it. Though ill probably wear my asat pants, predator top most hunts.

From a distance It appears brown.

I know deer can't see much green but we shall test it out this fall.
Brokenarrow1980
500 Club

Unread postby Brokenarrow1980 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Being im going to embrace the ground game i am looking for camo and cover that breaks up my outline of my head and shoulders. As far as washing it i just use non scent soap and play the wind.
It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye..... then its just fun
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:20 pm

JP BowHunter wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a scent elimination guy! I play the wind, and have cheap mis-matched camo. I just do this because every little bit can help. And my cloths have to be stored somewhere all winter anyways 8-) Once the season starts I will rarely wash my hunting cloths for the entire season. And just hunt the wind.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”