Where are living in the flat land texas the withetail?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Where are living in the flat land texas the withetail?

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi every one,
I reed some explanation about whitetail habit in swap and hill habitat.

What about flat land like in North Texas & South Oklahoma.
I'm asking about, because as you may reed on other subject, I'll hunt there next fall. I use to live in Belgium, so no way to scout before landing. Of course I have some very goods friend up there and I'm pretty sure about the fact they'll help me very well.
But as a real concern hunter, I would like to know more I can in theory before hunt like that I'll be well prepared...

Thank for your advice, they are strongly needed!

"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
huntinnurse
500 Club

Re: Where are living in the flat land texas the withetail?

Unread postby huntinnurse » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:21 am

It's not completely flat, Michel. Some areas we have in mind for you to hunt have some hills. The further east, there are more pines and hardwoods (good for stands), Central and North is a bit flatter with less hardwoods and more Mesquite trees. These trees bush out but don't make for good stand locations, however, they do make for good ground cover to build a ground blind or put a manufactured blind near. Where Kevin lives, there is more hardwoods and pines, where I live and hunt more of the Mesquites and some hardwoods. And of course, cactus.
Hope this helps. I will get some pics for ya and send them via e-mail. I'll work on this thruout the spring and summer to get you an idea.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”