Beef or venison?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Which would you rather eat?

Beef
44%
Venison
56%

Total votes: 93
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Re: Beef or venison?

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:52 pm

GRFox wrote:
If you live in agriculture areas and never have eaten venison from a non agriculture area, I think we are talking about 2 completely different meats.

Shot a young buck in northeast Minnesota (Tower) back in the late '80's= dog food compared to Iowa ag deer.

GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:58 pm

UntouchableNess wrote:
GRFox wrote:
If you live in agriculture areas and never have eaten venison from a non agriculture area, I think we are talking about 2 completely different meats.

Shot a young buck in northeast Minnesota (Tower) back in the late '80's= dog food compared to Iowa ag deer.

Now you know what I'm dealing with! ;)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm

bump
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Myself, my wife a 6 & a 4 yo have eaten abotu 5 deer worth of vension from 12/12 to this pt........ I had one burger..... we do all we can to eat healthy and cutting beef our was a large move in that desire....and honestly I coudl care less if i ever ate beef again
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Maple_Ridge

Unread postby Maple_Ridge » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Ouch.....dangerous question.

Ever had smoked beef brisket? Pops and I built a pig smoker. Have done a few beef briskets and sure is good.

My vote is still for venison backstraps with homemade bread slices with BUTTER. We have been known to eat the backstraps before we are done butchering the deer. Over the woodstove too......kinda tradition now

1 John 2:15 - read it
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Maple_Ridge wrote:Ouch.....dangerous question.

Ever had smoked beef brisket? Pops and I built a pig smoker. Have done a few beef briskets and sure is good.

My vote is still for venison backstraps with homemade bread slices with BUTTER. We have been known to eat the backstraps before we are done butchering the deer. Over the woodstove too......kinda tradition now

Smoked beef brisket might be the finest meat! Absolutely love it!

JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:24 pm

GRFox wrote:

That's for sure. I will take my feed lot Iowa deer [glow=red]properly processed and prepared[/glow] over beef any day, every day. Even a big old buck, just have to know how to handle that although Bambi makes a lot better steaks! North woods deer I learned to give away ;)

I can't remember the last time I bought beef at the store...once early this year I think, before that it might have been years since the last time I bought beef.
vanceg

Unread postby vanceg » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Grew up on a beef cattle farm, I will take beef over venison every time. I donate all the deer I kill. This year i gave 20+ to hunters for the hungry. Keep one deer and can it every year because I think it makes it taste like roast beef.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”