Types of deer species around the world

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

buttonbuck
500 Club

Types of deer species around the world

Unread postby buttonbuck » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:41 am

tbunao
500 Club

Re: Types of deer species around the world

Unread postby tbunao » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:01 am

Pretty cool.

One of the reasons why I would love to Move to New Zealand, besides the incredible trout fishing, is they have 7 different deer species including whitetail. Elk, Red Deer, Fallow Deer, Sika Deer, Sambar Deer, Rusa Deer, and Whitetail Deer.  That's also not to mention other big game opportunities.

Montana is called the, "The last best place on Earth" but I truly believe that title should go to New Zealand.
Chad Gus 715

Unread postby Chad Gus 715 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:27 am

I've heard of most of them, but there were a couple that i hadn't, guess i learned something new today
equal opportunity hunter
BRoth82
500 Club

Unread postby BRoth82 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:39 pm

tbunao wrote:Pretty cool.

One of the reasons why I would love to Move to New Zealand, besides the incredible trout fishing, is they have 7 different deer species including whitetail. Elk, Red Deer, Fallow Deer, Sika Deer, Sambar Deer, Rusa Deer, and Whitetail Deer.  That's also not to mention other big game opportunities.

Montana is called the, "The last best place on Earth" but I truly believe that title should go to New Zealand.

Both of my brothers love down there, the hunting and fishing is incredible. Also no licenses or limits since almost all species are non native.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”