Upcoming Trends?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Upcoming Trends?

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:10 am

So each season I take mental notes on what the latest trends are regarding tactics, hunting gear, methods, etc. For example this past season, I would say one of the notable trends I noticed was the Ranch Fairy heavy arrow trend. Guys were beefing up their 430 grain arrows another 200-400 grains per arrow and sometimes even higher. Another trend that has been ongoing for a few years is saddles. In the last 4 years I'd say Dan's bed hunting tactics have been extremely trendy.

If you were to guess a trend for the upcoming season, what would it be?

For this year I'm going to guess more ground hunting. Ground hunting is pretty trendy already but I'm guessing there will be an increase of ground hunters.

Ryan549
500 Club

Re: Upcoming Trends?

Unread postby Ryan549 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:41 am

Saddles, creedmores, man buns and ranch fairy definitely stole the show this year.
2021 will be more saddles, guys shaving ounces off of their Mobil setups only to bring 12 pounds of snacks and sodas, dating the fat chick is certainly going to get old, “what do you think he scores” will never end.
This will be the year of how cool your setup looks.
Guys are more concerned with their back pack strap systems and “mods” than actually hunting.
Ryan
sdonx

Unread postby sdonx » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:46 am

Zach and the Hunting Public crew dominated the ground game this year. It was so much fun watching these guys success.

So yes I would say ground game could trend.
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:48 am

sdonx wrote:Zach and the Hunting Public crew dominated the ground game this year. It was so much fun watching these guys success.

So yes I would say ground game could trend.

My guess is based on their success and how their viewership has grown. ;)
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:58 am

Ryan549 wrote:Saddles, creedmores, man buns and ranch fairy definitely stole the show this year.
2021 will be more saddles, guys shaving ounces off of their Mobil setups only to bring 12 pounds of snacks and sodas, dating the fat chick is certainly going to get old, “what do you think he scores” will never end.
Guys are more concerned with their back pack strap systems and “mods” than actually hunting.

LMAO @ 12 pounds of snacks!!!!
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:04 am

Gotta say a lot of the trendy stuff is trendy because it works and its fun.

I wouldnt consider myself a "trendy" guy but I also like to try different ways of doing things especially if i see others having success doing it that way. Here's a few "trends" i will be partaking in:

-Hunting on the ground, keeping things simple.
-Heavy or at least not lightweight arrows.

Overall i think its a good thing to see people getting excited about hunting and trying new (to them) things.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 am

Ryan549 wrote:Saddles, creedmores, man buns and ranch fairy definitely stole the show this year.

Pretty much sums it up. :lol:
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:07 am

hunter_mike wrote:Gotta say a lot of the trendy stuff is trendy because it works and its fun.

I wouldnt consider myself a "trendy" guy but I also like to try different ways of doing things especially if i see others having success doing it that way. Here's a few "trends" i will be partaking in:

-Hunting on the ground, keeping things simple.
-Heavy or at least not lightweight arrows.

Overall i think its a good thing to see people getting excited about hunting and trying new (to them) things.

Oh yeah for sure!
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:10 am

muddy wrote:

:lol:
I will be participating in that trend, I guess people will be laughing at me when i am walking around with my 40oz thermos of coffee that i take on every morning hunt that weighs 4 lbs :lol: :D Gotta have my coffee though
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
JP BowHunter

Unread postby JP BowHunter » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:11 am

I’m with some others, I think the spot and stalk archery game will be trendy this coming year.

I’ll admit that I’ve jumped on the saddle bandwagon, it’s working very well for me and I don’t see me jumping off anytime soon. ( I’ve never felt trendy before... this is a new experience!)

Part of me wonders if we’ll see a trend towards some DIY gear adds. Particularly things like rope aiders and such since ropes are somewhat cheap to try.

Who knows what’s next? Could be fun.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:18 am

Cell cameras
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:19 am

Hawthorne wrote:Cell cameras

This is another one I can see really taking off!
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:25 am

Drones. Just got one for my birthday.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:25 am

hunter_mike wrote:
muddy wrote:

I will be participating in that trend, I guess people will be laughing at me when i am walking around with my 40oz thermos of coffee that i take on every morning hunt that weighs 4 lbs :lol: :D Gotta have my coffee though

My issue is that I havent participated in the shave ounces off my stand trend... but am in the take extra snacks and thermos and 25oz Busch light trend... my pack ain't light trend all day long
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:28 am

muddy wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:
muddy wrote:

My issue is that I havent participated in the shave ounces off my stand trend... but am in the take extra snacks and thermos and 25oz Busch light trend... my pack ain't light trend all day long

Don't need to shave ounces when you're sitting in a ladder stand in Iowa. :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”