Staying sharp offseason

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Befo

Staying sharp offseason

Unread postby Befo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:41 am

What do you do to stay sharp in the offseason? Every year I find myself on opening day feeling like I'm having to re-learn a lot. It's sort of that summer break in school thing. You come back and realize the first step is getting back to where you were.

It seems that the obvious stuff is (1) shoot your bow/rifle and (2) scout for new beds/spots. But are there any other goals you're trying to accomplish to make sure that improving your hunting isn't just something that happens a couple of months in the fall?

I'll just fill in the blank with how I see myself answering this question. First, I haven't in the past had a regular plan. But I think I need to work on stillhunting (which I've gotten really into this past season); I can practice this with squirrel hunting. I also want to work on understanding wind in hill country. I think that means getting out there with milkweed at different spots, contour lines, times of day and just seeing what's happening.

Wolfie417
Facebook: brett wolf

Re: Staying sharp offseason

Unread postby Wolfie417 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:28 am

Practicing hanging your mobile set, and Practicing balance, and cold resistance.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”