"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it."

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Sparkey

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it."

Unread postby Sparkey » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:49 pm

I could only listen to so many w2h and hb podcasts straight so i was glad to have found this tape by fred bear.
https://youtu.be/Af564nMkqhE
Ive only killed 3 deer in my lifetime and am just getting into taking hunting seriously ...as i take in everything around me and these words "If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it." I wonder if me being 30 y.o. is it up to my generation to ensure the preservation of wildlife? What can i do in michigan? Are we ensuring our future generations one big burnt area by just taking? What have you done in the name of conservation?
Last edited by Sparkey on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparkey

Re: "If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it."

Unread postby Sparkey » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:50 pm

bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Re: "If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it."

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:11 pm

I think joining local organizations is one good outlet. Whitetail Unlimited and Pheasants Forever and if Michigan has a hunting organization(Iowa has Iowa Bowhunters Association) all do some great things and if you wanted to be more hands on I'm sure they'd be glad to have you.
Personally our family farm has never been a traditional tear out all the habitat to get every tillable acre. Currently have Wetland Reserve, Pollinator program, switchgrass, erosion buffer strips, and tree plantings on the farm.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”