Deer Season to Scouting Season

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

brancher147
500 Club

Re: Deer Season to Scouting Season

Unread postby brancher147 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:59 pm

There is hardly a week that goes by that I am not doing some kind of scouting or hunting. I am always in the woods and roaming the mountains. My biggest break from deer is during spring turkey season when I hunt multiple states.

Some do. Some don't. I just might...
ajack

Unread postby ajack » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:02 am

Some how shed hunting season, morel season, chicken/chanterelle/trumpet season, mountain biking and dog walks inevitably become scouting season for me. I've some how curated a set of hobbies that give me an excuse to be in the woods year round. And while in the woods there's never a point where I'm not surveying areas for likely big buck habitat. However, it's not always my primary focus.
Elite
500 Club

Unread postby Elite » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:24 am

I don't call it a break but rather forced time out of the woods. My wife's an accountant so tax season and workload increases starting in February. That means I stay home with the kids which I love. We get a lot of snow anyway so scouting isn't really worth it. Come march and April, I will start my shed hunting and scouting. I already have 2 new spots picked out to walk once the snow disappears.
I've noticed I am slowly losing the desire to Turkey hunt and rather spend time scouting for deer. It's hard to balance it all....

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”