Dan's Videos

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BJ99Robinson

Dan's Videos

Unread postby BJ99Robinson » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:03 pm

I'm working through Dan's videos. So far I've watched the Farm and Hill Country videos, really good information on those.
I see there's 2 more in the series, Swamp and Marsh. What is the difference in those videos? I have no experience in "Swamp hunting", I assumed Swamp and Marsh would be the same.
Can anyone help clear this up for me?
Which one should I watch next?

Elite
500 Club

Re: Dan's Videos

Unread postby Elite » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:07 pm

I too am wanting to know. I will be getting the DVDs soon.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Marsh is cattail or grass Swamp... Swamp is brush and trees type swamp.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:18 pm

Watch them both, you wont regret it.

It starts at Chapter 3, Marsh. So for now that is the intro to bed hunting, 1 dvd. Swamp gets into more detail, 2 dvds. Swamps are more of a tangled mess, Marsh is easier to read, so that is where he starts with the intro to picking apart bedding.

Dan is the best teacher on this topic, so they all add and build on information he starts with. Don't think about terrain, think about trying to get a degree in bed hunting and they all teach and reinforce lessons. Hill then blows your mind with wind and thermals, and Farm starts to tie it all together. If its not farm land it is surrounded by Marsh, Swamp, or Hills.

I am trying to be brief, anyone can expand or correct me if you want. But that is my take.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
BJ99Robinson

Unread postby BJ99Robinson » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:Watch them both, you wont regret it.

It starts at Chapter 3, Marsh. So for now that is the intro to bed hunting, 1 dvd. Swamp gets into more detail, 2 dvds. Swamps are more of a tangled mess, Marsh is easier to read, so that is where he starts with the intro to picking apart bedding.

Dan is the best teacher on this topic, so they all add and build on information he starts with. Don't think about terrain, think about trying to get a degree in bed hunting and they all teach and reinforce lessons. Hill then blows your mind with wind and thermals, and Farm starts to tie it all together. If its not farm land it is surrounded by Marsh, Swamp, or Hills.

I am trying to be brief, anyone can expand or correct me if you want. But that is my take.

Thank you, I started with Farm Bedding because that's what I hunt currently then watched Hill Country Bedding.
I'm out of order but I plan to watch all of them.
BJ99Robinson

Unread postby BJ99Robinson » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:36 pm

dan wrote:Marsh is cattail or grass Swamp... Swamp is brush and trees type swamp.

Thanks Dan!

I really appreciate the video series, watching them has been an ah ha moment. I've hunted since I was a kid, now I'm 46 and never put together the importance of beds until I came across your You Tube channel and this site a few years ago.

Watching the videos and thinking back on my personal experiences have really help me connect the dots. I've had success over the years but things seem to make more sense now.

Here's my private land Indiana farm buck I killed this year, thanks for all you do!

Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:41 pm

BJ99Robinson wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:Watch them both, you wont regret it.

Thank you, I started with Farm Bedding because that's what I hunt currently then watched Hill Country Bedding.
I'm out of order but I plan to watch all of them.

You don't necessarily have to go in order. You can take chemistry before physics or biology, but it is all connected. It is brilliant what he did.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:03 pm

BJ99Robinson wrote:
dan wrote:Marsh is cattail or grass Swamp... Swamp is brush and trees type swamp.

Thanks Dan!

I really appreciate the video series, watching them has been an ah ha moment. I've hunted since I was a kid, now I'm 46 and never put together the importance of beds until I came across your You Tube channel and this site a few years ago.

Watching the videos and thinking back on my personal experiences have really help me connect the dots. I've had success over the years but things seem to make more sense now.

Here's my private land Indiana farm buck I killed this year, thanks for all you do!

CONGRATS ON THE BUCK.
MNarrow

Unread postby MNarrow » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:59 am

Uncle Lou wrote:If its not farm land it is surrounded by Marsh, Swamp, or Hills.

Or big woods.......;)
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm

MNarrow wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:If its not farm land it is surrounded by Marsh, Swamp, or Hills.

Or big woods.......;)

You definitely got me there. dan, he did it not me. I intentionally didn't mention that as that one isn't ready, but I agree with you.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:21 am

The Marsh one is great, you just equate it to flat terrain bedding. I have yet to get the newest swamp one.

Be sure to watch his early videos on youtube as well. I believe they have episode numbers but those are great!
BJ99Robinson

Unread postby BJ99Robinson » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:43 am

<DK> wrote:The Marsh one is great, you just equate it to flat terrain bedding. I have yet to get the newest swamp one.

Be sure to watch his early videos on youtube as well. I believe they have episode numbers but those are great!

I've watched everything I could find on You Tube and listened to many podcast as well.
westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:31 am

This might have been discussed prior but I own the Marsh bedding DVD Dan did with the BBO, is the Marsh Bedding Chapt 3 different?
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:51 am

Watching them all only makes sense to me. If you pick up one “little” detail from a video that could be the difference in tagging Mr. Big or not.

Monetarily, Dan’s videos are pennies in the big scheme of things.
gsquared23

Unread postby gsquared23 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:25 pm

I’m another satisfied customer that has watched and rewatched all of the DVDs. They are phenomenal
Bowhunting is not for the faint of heart. But fortune favors the bowed.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”