I’m being patterned by another hunter.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Crazinamatese

Re: I’m being patterned by another hunter.

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:28 pm

Some of you guys are too funny but on a serious note why would you guys try to lead another hunter into possible danger? Cut down the tree??? Do some of you know cutting down trees on public is illegal in some states? Why put in that amount of time and energy to make an impression when its so much easier to walk away and go somewhere else? Tell me Im wrong.

The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Some of you guys are too funny but on a serious note why would you guys try to lead another hunter into possible danger? Cut down the tree??? Do some of you know cutting down trees on public is illegal in some states? Why put in that amount of time and energy to make an impression when its so much easier to walk away and go somewhere else? Tell me Im wrong.

I would do exactly that. Hunt elsewhere.

To be clear I was joking when I said cut down the tree.

Bob

Horizontal Hunter wrote:When hunting public I always have a back up spot or two as public is first come first serve. I would just move on and find another area.

The other option is to cut down the tree and he will get the message. :lol: :lol: (JK) :violence-axechase:

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:52 pm

Haha. I figured. It was the responses that followed that agreed to the tree to be cut down. Maybe they were making a funny too?
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
twinkler

Unread postby twinkler » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:06 pm

You killed a buck out of it already this year. Maybe he thinks you're done for the season? It's on public - nothing illegal or wrong with learning from others around you. Just need to be more "sneaky" next time.
JakeB
500 Club

Unread postby JakeB » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Haha. I figured. It was the responses that followed that agreed to the tree to be cut down. Maybe they were making a funny too?

Yes..
wdog

Unread postby wdog » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Just move on, Especially now a days with all the public pressure. You watch those THP guys and whitetail adrenaline the biggest skill they have is not becoming emotionally attached to an area.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:04 am

Horizontal Hunter wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:Some of you guys are too funny but on a serious note why would you guys try to lead another hunter into possible danger? Cut down the tree??? Do some of you know cutting down trees on public is illegal in some states? Why put in that amount of time and energy to make an impression when its so much easier to walk away and go somewhere else? Tell me Im wrong.

I would do exactly that. Hunt elsewhere.

To be clear I was joking when I said cut down the tree.

Bob

Horizontal Hunter wrote:When hunting public I always have a back up spot or two as public is first come first serve. I would just move on and find another area.

The other option is to cut down the tree and he will get the message. :lol: :lol: (JK) :violence-axechase:

Bob

Okay, maybe not cut down the tree, but I would eat some asparagus and a big steak the night before, take a fiber drink, and then drop a nice stinky deuce under the tree the next day... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm

ThePreBanMan wrote:Okay, maybe not cut down the tree, but I would eat some asparagus and a big steak the night before, take a fiber drink, and then drop a nice stinky deuce under the tree the next day... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

Too funny.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:06 am

Pudster wrote:I would move on with learning the valuable lesson of loose lips sink ships.

I hunt a small public parcel that is also hiking trails. I walk my dog down there every single day and often I find another older gentleman way early in the morning, trying to avoid the crowds. Long story short, I've had many conversations with this man about many a topics, and sometimes hunting comes up bc you can bowhunt down in the recreation area.
He doesn't hunt but he always asks if I'd shot anything down there yet etc..
This is a public parcel you have to "sign" in to a specific area, almost like a HAP type parcel. Saturday night, the day after christmas I'm in an "area" and I see a real nice buck. The biggest I'd seen on this public parcel in my 5 yrs of hunting there.

I see this older gentleman the next morning, we have our small talk for a bit and he asked how hunting was going. There is only a few days left here in MI to hunt and I know he doesn't hunt, so I tell him... Yeah I saw a real nice one........... and about my plan of being back in that area tonight and moving closer to where i saw him the night prior.....

Well needless to say, that night my "area" had two other hunters walk through it, and the 4 surrounding "areas" were all being hunted....
This parcel hasn't had 5 hunters on it at one time since Early November, let alone these 5 areas right next to each other. There are almost 50 "areas" to hunt out of and they all surround my area, some even coming through my spot.

I learned a very valuable lesson last night........ it doesn't matter who, what or where.... DO NOT TELL ANYONE ANYTHING..........EVER
I ended up bumping that buck as I was going in because he was bedded on the opposite side of where he was night prior.... and then when the other hunters walked through it just left a sour taste in my mouth and for the first time all season I just ended up getting down and heading home....

Loose Lips Sink Ships...... it took all but 3.5hrs for the word to get out.... from an old guy I have had many conversations with and even told me he wouldn't say anything......

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”