Tree Stand Seat Pad

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BuffaloBill

Re: Tree Stand Seat Pad

Unread postby BuffaloBill » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:44 am

Crazinamatese wrote:
BuffaloBill wrote:People mention the Hunt Comfort seats but they stopped making the one that fit Lone Wolf and XOP stands. I bought a $5 foam pad and cut it to fit inside the cushion that came with my XOP. The padding inside of it was a joke.

Incorrect... The Hunt Comfort hiker fits the Lone Wolf hand climber and the outpost will fit on both lone wolf assault and Alpha. Both pads still available on the Hunt Comfort website.

The Outpost may be on their site but it hasn't been in stock on there or Amazon for a long time. So long that i'm assuming it's not in production, but i'll shoot them a message.

ajack

Unread postby ajack » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:57 am

I guess one weird thing about picking up bow hunting in your mid twenties is you never actually see someone else's tendencies and rituals in their own stand as your most always by yourself. Do people actually sit the whole time on stand? I feel like I pretty much sit-stand-sit-stand maybe in like half hour increments. I've never had issues with seats being uncomfortable. But I do prefer having the foam between me and the metal seat so it doesn't suck at the warmth out of me.

Anyways, my stock seat fell off my XOP vanish Evo so I just got a cheap foam sitting pad from the sporting goods store, cut it to shape and zip tied it around the edges to my seat. It's not perfect but gets the job done and I have no complaints. It's actually a more compact, quieter and more stable than the stock seat. I can't see spending $50 for a fancy seat on a mobile set up. Just my opinion
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:09 am

I noticed having a good pad helps me stay sat still for long periods of time. Im constantly restless, standing up on my hang-on assault with it’s factory seat pad... Its hard to stay comfortable. For you guys who sit on bare metal what is the secret? Lol.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
KPillinois

Unread postby KPillinois » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:50 pm

For my hang on stand I'm using just the bottom of a crappy Hawk Ultra Lite climber (bought it and realized the lower portion won't climb most trees with the stupid cable binding on the bark so re-purposed the thing) so i don't even have a seat, i just stand and hug the tree kinda close all day so my movement doesn't attract attention. So i find the best tree that i can picture myself blending into really well and start putting up crappy 4 lb sticks (tho i got Beast sticks coming this month !!! ), but i gotta admit, i can't wait for Dan's 7 lb hang on, even just a hard metal seat will be like Christmas for me !!!
I've changed my ways, I'm now looking for big bucks on public land.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”