pondering success

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

pondering success

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Yesterday morning found me waiting for the sunrise and pondering about success. It occured to me, that every person has a passion and if they pursue it hard enough, and want it bad enough, we all have something we can be great at. For some it may be football, others maybe art, or bass fishing. My passion of coarse is hunting. As I thought about this I concurred that the only reason someone who finds his passion fails to take it to greatness is because they don't have faith in themselves and they dont take risks or seek adventure vigorously. I had to stop right there and laugh out loud, because, while im thinking of why "others" dont seek adventure, im sitting at home knowing where a nice 10 point is living unmolested in the public hills of Indiana. And here I sit with an unused bow tag in my pocket making excuses... I thought, "you fool, jump in the truck and go". But I thought, is that fair to Carol? I have not been around in months... then at sunrise this morning as I passed the welcome to Indiana sign, I pondered how Carol has always allowed me to chase my silly dreams. Achieving success may also need a life partner who understands your passion and says, stop staring out the window and just go....
20201204_155249.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Woodsy211
500 Club

Re: pondering success

Unread postby Woodsy211 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:37 pm

Yessir, put a quill in him
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Good luck Dan. Git ‘er done. 8-)
briar
500 Club

Unread postby briar » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:50 pm

True statement. We are all not that lucky and id guess a lot of us have a lot of lip speak support, but when it comes down to it, few women are willing to share the front seat with hunting for much more than spurts every year.

Its a shame, but if a fella want a long term relationship these days he has to choose between that and hunting like he wants to. Personally it frustrates me to pieces at times, but at 45 I've been through it time and time again....and let be honest I juat ran out of the juice to fight about it anymore. So I compromise and pick my spots.
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:12 pm

2 weeks in a tree was a stressor, out of state won’t be happening. Might get away with a ML hunt or two.
Usi05

Unread postby Usi05 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:14 pm

Great post. Good luck

Also fortunate to have a girl and young daughters who encourage me to chase elk and whitetails.
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Awesome, good luck!!!!
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:52 pm

I think I'll finally feel successful when I'm on God's time where hopefully every day is a perfect November day. My soul is restless on this earth and I struggle this time of year now that the hourglass is again top heavy. But heaven on earth sure is the blessing of another healthy hunting season and being surrounded by people that appreciate what life on this earth is about.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:00 pm

8-)

Good luck Dan!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:47 pm

I truthfully never realized how lucky I truly am until reading about other beasts situations. Suspect my wife is a lot like Dan’s. Sometimes I suspect she enjoys alone time, other times shes just busy and never really noticed I’m gone, other times it’s just her kind heart that wants me to be happy. Not saying what I do is right but I dated my wife for a long, long time b4 getting married. I’ve never really changed. I luv to fish and chase whitetail. But I’ve always been where I said I was. I don’t go combing the bars or doing silly stuff to jeopardize my family. If she has something she really needs me for I don’t get hostile cause I can’t go hunting. But she is pretty much conditioned to not expect much from me this time of year. Much the same way she has conditioned me to all these department store invoices coming in the mail.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:56 pm

:clap:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Good luck Dan. Hope you knock a good Indiana buck down.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:22 pm

Good lick and great post Dan
Hope you bring the Indy 10 home
If not youre out doing what you love!! Win Win
KPillinois

Unread postby KPillinois » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:04 pm

Even though I've only been hunting for 6 years, my wife of 33 years is great like that too !!! She knows not to expect me home until after hunting hours any weekends from Oct 1st thru Jan 17th except on honeymoon weekend and Christmas if it falls on a weekend, barring any family emergencies. Get that buck !!!!
I've changed my ways, I'm now looking for big bucks on public land.
Smitty
Facebook: Mitch Smith

Unread postby Smitty » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Good luck Dan!!
Haste makes waste

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”