Deer Selfies

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

may21581
500 Club

Re: Deer Selfies

Unread postby may21581 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:23 am

Crazinamatese wrote:
may21581 wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:
may21581 wrote:The poses with them pulling the ears down to get the rack to look bigger really irritates me! Selfies and deer hunting is just a new low. And respecting the life you took should be done in a more honorable way.

I'm not seeing how Crazinamatese's picture is disrespectful to the buck....maybe if he was humping it

Well we will just have to settle for ear nibbling at this point. What would be more entertaining would be if someone got over excited and laid down for the pose not knowing if the deer was dead and the thing bit them in the face! Now that would be something to talk about. Imagine having to tell people how you got that scar!

Im not afraid to put myself out there. No one here knows me and I don’t care what anyone says or thinks. Not afraid to push the envelope to get people to see things from a different perspective. Although last night I went full rage mode and I apologize to you guys. Not even sure why I got that crazy but crazi is part of my name I guess.

We know for sure there are people who hate it and people who wanna have a little fun. Im not living my life trying to cater to a non-hunting crowd so they don’t get butthurt about what we do as hunters. I dont give d—n what they think. When it comes to anti-hunters, they already hate us. They put death threats on young kids who post pics with trophy animals they harvested. Do you really want to spend a minute of your life trying to keep those aholes happy?

I will summarize with this. Quit social media! If you have such a problem with it then leave it. But I guess the only excuse everyone comes up with is “well, I use it to keep in contact with family”. BS!!! You use it cuz you are nosey and want to find reasons to complain about other people.

When I originally made my first post it was a response to Krafts thread and solely my own opinion. I hadn't read the rest of the posts before making my comment and didn't realize that this thread was heading in another direction.
On this site we all share our own opinions and we make comments. Sometimes we agree with what's said and sometimes we don't. We all try to keep it respectful and the moderators do a pretty good job at keeping order. You have to understand though that there are all kinds of hunters out there, some you can relate to and some may come off maybe a little rough around the edges. If you were personally offended by this thread that was not our intentention, we were simply pointing out a trend. Also one last thing, we use this site to air our frustrations. We gripe, complain, make jokes, laugh, and some will get mad but they come back. Its OK to get pissed or mad, we all do at some point! Just dont take it personal because it isn't. We all have to remember what brought the group together in the beginning. With open forums and freedom of speech with these types of groups and hunting forums these things will happen.

"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:34 am

I think its pretty cool, if youre a high school girl...
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:43 am

crankn101 wrote:I think its pretty cool, if youre a high school girl...

I will do a duckface next time. Maybe do some twerking cuz maybe next year I been thinking about self-identifying as a puerto rican trans-sexual taxi driver. Biden and AOC say its ok. I don’t care what anyone thinks. I used to shoot machine guns at terrorists. :lol:
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:48 am

May21581, I was offended that some people were offended... I wasn’t dissing your earlier post.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:32 am

Crazinamatese wrote:May21581, I was offended that some people were offended... I wasn’t dissing your earlier post.

I don’t think “offended” is the right word. Not trying to word mince, but I can not like something without being offended.

“Hero shots” have been mentioned. I have used the term in the past without really thinking about it. So are the pics I posted “hero shots”? I just like nice respectable pictures that I can look back on. I always take lots of pics.

My wife complains that all I have on my phone are deer pics. I go through my old Facebook photo albums and look at my deer pics. I love those “hero shots”... they put me in a good mood. I guess I’m not sure how else to take a pic with my deer...

I try and make the deer look good (without long arming, because for me it’s not a d**k measuring contest and I want pics that accurately show the deers size for what it is) because I have respect for these animals and like my pictures to portray that.

So I typically tuck the tongue in and try to position it so it looks good. I have wiped blood from their mouth before but usually not from their side. Sometimes I’ll smooth out their coat if it’s rough looking. It has nothing to do with making myself look better.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:37 am

Lockdown, I like any pic of hunters with trophies. Yes, as long as its in good taste and good intentions. But we all already know by now that everyone has their own way of deciding what is good taste and good intent. Anyone who calls a pic a hero shot is probably more jealous of the big buck in your pic rather than how you are posing. Right? Pics of your your battle ax don’t make you happy? Thats some Dr. Phil stuff going there fella. Cant help you with that.
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:34 am

Crazinamatese wrote:
crankn101 wrote:I think its pretty cool, if youre a high school girl...

I will do a duckface next time. Maybe do some twerking cuz maybe next year I been thinking about self-identifying as a puerto rican trans-sexual taxi driver. Biden and AOC say its ok. I don’t care what anyone thinks. I used to shoot machine guns at terrorists. :lol:

:clap: :lol: :clap:
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:53 am

I agree, not a fan of it, would never do it in a million years and feel its disrespectful to the animal. Silly or not,, this is the kind of stuff anti hunters use against us. BUT, to each their own. You wanna selfie it up with a dead deer, go for it, I will just keep scrolling by.
wdog

Unread postby wdog » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:54 am

I Would never do it, I think it looks dumb. I just use the self timer.

But this is America do what you want!
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:29 pm

This is the first I've heard of this new trend. Just another reason for me to not participate in the mainstream social media platforms. Monkey see monkey do society.
may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:03 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:May21581, I was offended that some people were offended... I wasn’t dissing your earlier post.

Gotcha, no big deal.
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
Primetime

Unread postby Primetime » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:56 pm

I've never seen a deer selfie b4 i don't think. Ive been by myself and taken a picture of the deer i harvested so i remember. Kinda sad that this is in the deer hunting section of this forum where it should be tips and strategy.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:04 pm

I get what u r saying and agree. Some stuff just rubs me wrong. Seen a guy pictured with a buck recently with every advertisement fishing u can imagine. And the hardcore youth photos are the worst imo. How can a 8 year old kid not be smiling? What’s with the hardcore thousand yard stare while dawning face paint? Also feel the same way about the naming of products apparently whitetail are blood thirsty shooting back and a real life threat to hunters. Shameful marketing practices imo.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:30 pm

The most active thread Ive seen in a while is about deer selfies. :doh:
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:58 pm

Next deer I shoot is gunna be selfied and texted to Kraft multiple times.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”