Deer Selfies

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

muddy

Re: Deer Selfies

Unread postby muddy » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:41 am

I like a good tastefully done kill pic, but the laying down with the dead deer selfie rubs me the wrong way.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:55 am

Someone needs to post a picture of a deer selfie...not sure what we are talking about
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 am

People can do as they please, however, in my opinion it doesn’t make sense. It looks disrespectful and does not honor the animal.
Ryan
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:Someone needs to post a picture of a deer selfie...not sure what we are talking about

I don't want to specifically call anyone out or grab a random pic, but most of the social media hunting groups I'm on there are A LOT of people pointing the buck's face up from the ground, laying down with their head next to the deer's and taking a selfie with them like they're both smiling for the camera. I'm going to doubt you're much of a FB guy but both the Wisconsin Rut Report and Hunting Beast pages are pretty full of them.

The whole thing just looks off to me.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:04 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:Someone needs to post a picture of a deer selfie...not sure what we are talking about

Pretend the whole deer is there... it's outside... and so on and so forth

20201202_160307.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:08 am

muddy wrote:

Pretend the whole deer is there... it's outside... and so on and so forth

20201202_160307.jpg

OK, I think I changed my mind, I approve of this version!
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:16 am

I blocked my face so I don’t get doxed by the virtuous ones on here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:18 am

Kraftd wrote:

I don't want to specifically call anyone out or grab a random pic, but most of the social media hunting groups I'm on there are A LOT of people pointing the buck's face up from the ground, laying down with their head next to the deer's and taking a selfie with them like they're both smiling for the camera. I'm going to doubt you're much of a FB guy but both the Wisconsin Rut Report and Hunting Beast pages are pretty full of them.

I was taught to respect the animal since it just gave up it’s life for you. If anything feel a little bit of sadness. These days respect is severely lacking. Some of the stuff I see these days just makes me shake my head. Like mentioned above we’re in the look at me society and seems everybody wants to be noticed.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:24 am

Thanks craz and mud....I guess I have seen those pics. I don't really care either way.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:25 am

Muddy's face wrecked the picture :lol:
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:26 am

Dewey wrote:
Kraftd wrote:

I was taught to respect the animal since it just gave up it’s life for you. If anything feel a little bit of sadness. These days respect is severely lacking. Some of the stuff I see these days just makes me shake my head. Like mentioned above we’re in the look at me society and seems everybody wants to be noticed.

I think you just need to chill and realize that not everything is out to get you. People are having fun. Just because it isn’t how its done like it was back in 1960-something doesn’t mean its “disrespectful”. Seriously, get over it!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:35 am

Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Kraftd wrote:

I think you just need to chill and realize that not everything is out to get you. People are having fun. Just because it isn’t how its done like it was back in 1960-something doesn’t mean its “disrespectful”. Seriously, get over it!

I’m an adult. I can have an opinion and so can you. Seems pretty simple. I respect yours and I would hope you could respect mine. Not worth getting all up in arms about it and telling people to “chill” or get over it” is the finest form of disrespect. Just because somebody doesn’t agree with your viewpoint doesn’t make them wrong. I didn’t attack your view and I would hope you could show the same courtesy to me.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:45 am

Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Kraftd wrote:

I’m an adult. I can have an opinion and so can you. Seems pretty simple. I respect yours and I would hope you could respect mine. Not worth getting all up in arms about it and telling people to “chill” or get over it” is the finest form of disrespect. Just because somebody doesn’t agree with your viewpoint doesn’t make them wrong. I didn’t attack your view and I would hope you could show the same courtesy to me.

I get totally what you are saying but as a moderator, you come off condescending and negative alot. I guess I expect more support for the “hunting community” rather than finding reasons to bash it.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:54 am

Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Kraftd wrote:

I get totally what you are saying but as a moderator, you come off condescending and negative alot. I guess I expect more support for the “hunting community” rather than finding reasons to bash it.

Condescending and negative? :confusion-confused:

Please provide some examples of that. I would really like to see where your coming from because that comment really confuses me.

If you have a problem with me lets settle this by PM.
bigbucks1234

Unread postby bigbucks1234 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:59 am

Not a fan of em,,,
As said from others, i just ignore em.

Take a decent grip and grin respectfully if you choose. But I'm more traditional that way i guess.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”