Need help for the morning!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zfrantz

Need help for the morning!

Unread postby Zfrantz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:56 am

this morning at 9:20 I had a really nice 10 point come to about 40 yds of me and then turn around and disappear into the thick. when i got down from the tree, i walked down wind and came back into the area that i saw him to look for a new tree to set up on tomorrow, as we have the same wind forecasted, and got a little bit carried away and ended up bumping the buck. there is no way he winded me as i was probably 50 -60 yds downwind when he skedaddled. looking for advice on whether you think the buck will return to the area for tomorrows a.m. hunt? or will i just be spinning my wheels?

thanks in advance

zack

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Need help for the morning!

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:57 am

For what I’ve witnessed in my area I would say not a chance of that buck coming through tomorrow. This just isn’t the ole bed to food part of the season here. My guess is that sucker could be miles away tomorrow. Now if he found a doe close to spilling the joy juice as soon as he passed your stand then a low odds maybe. Best shot is u have a great spot in which maybe a even better one will come by tomorrow. If not, then believe u would have better odds hunting terrain a few miles away in the direction u last seen him.Sounds awful but it’s my honest opinion. In 10 years of running cams strategically during the rut. Do u know how many pics I’ve got of mature bucks doing the same thing day after day? Zero that’s how many!
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:43 am

If there is no way he winded you i would hunt it tommorow. I was listening to dans pocast and he was saying he jumped a buck out of the same bed 3 days in a row and ao he hunted it the 4th day and the buck wasnt there. Lol. Never know unless you try, stranger things has happened! Good luck
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:42 am

Sweet and I agree with Moose! Please let us know how that works out tomorrow. I’m very interested and looking forward to BBD! If not tomorrow hunt it the next 3 cause the buck does the same thing every day. Ka Ching!
-John Wayne-
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:48 am

If he is being pressured in other places and that's his safe place. He will probably be back soon. But, I wouldn't stink it up or he may disown it.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:51 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Sweet and I agree with Moose! Please let us know how that works out tomorrow. I’m very interested and looking forward to BBD! If not tomorrow hunt it the next 3 cause the buck does the same thing every day. Ka Ching!

Im not sure why you always have to talk down to people? Just because someone disagrees with you or does things differently then you. I think if you dont have anything good to add to anypost then keep your comments to yourself!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:34 am

Chief I can assure u I don’t talk down to folks. I think I possibly come across as so cause I cut to the point and don’t add a bunch of fluff. You made a comment that after hunting a bed the buck did the same exact thing the next few days. I retracted my previous honest opinion to agree with u and stated if u got a situation where a buck does they same thing everyday u should hunt it repeatedly until u get him or run him off. Apparently I’m the A hole in the situation. But no worries I will keep to myself. But b4 I do can u please elaborate on how my advice is wrong? I said to let us know how it goes as a learning experience for all. Is it possible that only hunting a spot once isn’t the way to go based on the intel u provided? Hope the guy gets the sucker and posts his success.

Happy Hunting,
Negative Nancy
-John Wayne-
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Chief I can assure u I don’t talk down to folks. I think I possibly come across as so cause I cut to the point and don’t add a bunch of fluff. You made a comment that after hunting a bed the buck did the same exact thing the next few days. I retracted my previous honest opinion to agree with u and stated if u got a situation where a buck does they same thing everyday u should hunt it repeatedly until u get him or run him off. Apparently I’m the A hole in the situation. But no worries I will keep to myself. But b4 I do can u please elaborate on how my advice is wrong? I said to let us know how it goes as a learning experience for all. Is it possible that only hunting a spot once isn’t the way to go based on the intel u provided? Hope the guy gets the sucker and posts his success.
Your post was meant to be a smarta$$! Theres alot of ways to do things. All im saying is your always quick to comment if you disagree. Whos to say your right? Whos to say im right? The 3 times a buck was bedded 3 days in a row was from Dans podcast. That can't be true because boogie said his cameras dont get pictures. Maybe your stinking the place up with your cameras?? Maybe not.

Happy Hunting,
Negative Nancy
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:09 am

Believe u r way in the weeds. Your quick to jump on me or tag along with Dan. But do u have any thoughts of your own? Or is that what u do rely on others to do the work for you? Yes I’m ticked cause u r using your wild imagination to interpret what I said. Please with your high whitetail IQ teach me why if u believe a buck beds in the same spot everyday regardless of u camping on top of it why u would not hunt it again and again and again? I check cameras basically once every couple months. If your referring to my recent pics ok I will play. Corner of pasture mounted high in a mulberry same tree I hunt from. Fence makes a “V” tree an camera is in pasture side of v. If a buck wants to wind me or cut my track he’s gonna work for it and jump 2 fences for no reason. And yes I take wind into consideration when checking cams just seems pretty basic. But hey I’m a village idiot what the heck do I know.
-John Wayne-
Zfrantz

Unread postby Zfrantz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 am

Alright, well I’m planning on hunting the area specifically tomorrow because I only get to hunt when my schedule permits and the only way to truly know, is to go.. with the wind I this property and the given weather conditions i believe it’s the best part of the parcel to hunt and not blow the rest of the property out... minimal damage that I can do but as for the other hunters on the property.. they will hunt the opposite side close to their trucks and probably not see anything cause it’s all in the deers favor there. I will keep you guys updated Tomorrow and let you know what I find out. Hopefully I’ll have some good news to share!

Thanks for the input, all of it is considered!
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:18 am

This what im talking about! Your not understanding because someone disagrees with you. Your one those guys that has to hear his own voice look at himself in the mirror. I mean come on your posting selfies of yourself in " should of seen it in color" lol get over yourself!We agree to disagree that is for sure! Good luck to you the rest of the season! Oh and dont forget to finish that cooler of liquid courage to be the HB Bully!
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:20 am

Zfrantz wrote:Alright, well I’m planning on hunting the area specifically tomorrow because I only get to hunt when my schedule permits and the only way to truly know, is to go.. with the wind I this property and the given weather conditions i believe it’s the best part of the parcel to hunt and not blow the rest of the property out... minimal damage that I can do but as for the other hunters on the property.. they will hunt the opposite side close to their trucks and probably not see anything cause it’s all in the deers favor there. I will keep you guys updated Tomorrow and let you know what I find out. Hopefully I’ll have some good news to share!

Thanks for the input, all of it is considered!

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck tommorow!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:51 am

Moose wrote:This what im talking about! Your not understanding because someone disagrees with you. Your one those guys that has to hear his own voice look at himself in the mirror. I mean come on your posting selfies of yourself in " should of seen it in color" lol get over yourself!We agree to disagree that is for sure! Good luck to you the rest of the season! Oh and dont forget to finish that cooler of liquid courage to be the HB Bully!

Dang! Well thought out and apologize for photos of myself and for anyone else who selfied themselves on this site. Geez I can only imagine what u think of the desperate souls posting YouTube info. Guys must have some serious mental health issues going on right? Hey my address is 1505 Crestway Quinlan, Tx. If u ever find yourself in NE Tx please stop by I got something I really would like to give you. But hey el Captain not a peep from me from here on out and especially none of those mirror looking egotistical photos except for one more in the kill zone DB. Happy holidays.
-John Wayne-
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:57 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
Moose wrote:This what im talking about! Your not understanding because someone disagrees with you. Your one those guys that has to hear his own voice look at himself in the mirror. I mean come on your posting selfies of yourself in " should of seen it in color" lol get over yourself!We agree to disagree that is for sure! Good luck to you the rest of the season! Oh and dont forget to finish that cooler of liquid courage to be the HB Bully!

Dang! Well thought out and apologize for photos of myself and for anyone else who selfied themselves on this site. Geez I can only imagine what u think of the desperate souls posting YouTube info. Guys must have some serious mental health issues going on right? Hey my address is 1505 Crestway Quinlan, Tx. If u ever find yourself in NE Tx please stop by I got something I really would like to give you. But hey el Captain not a peep from me from here on out and especially none of those mirror looking egotistical photos except for one more in the kill zone DB. Happy holidays.

I have something for you aswell! Happy holidays!! Adios
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:22 pm

Moose wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:

I have something for you aswell! Happy holidays!! Adios

I like a good road trip, what u got? Give me your address and maybe I can swing by and pick it up.

In regards to the pics on my journal I see your point and do apologize. Was never me intent. Guess deep down I have always thought maybe there was someone like my youthful self who didn’t have much money, bass boat, high dollar lease etc... Always kinda felt I didn’t have a chance against the high dollar guys when I grew up. Suppose I just wanted to show effort can accomplish many things but see how it made me look like a idiot. Just have always thought most folks lie, I used pics to prove it. Plus I always liked that song. Reminds me of my late grandpa
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”