More bedding/scouting videos

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:02 am

Wolfshead wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:Moose, I hope I didn’t imply that there’s nothing to learn from YouTube. It’s just the fact I don’t care about it. I have no interest in learning Chinese arithmetic, diy home projects, or wonders of the world. I’m content with my knowledge and value my time more than the other stuff. Pretty much the same with whitetail. I admit theres much stuff I don’t know and again don’t care. How they stick there tongue out while mating, how many turds in a typical bowel movement, how to classify rubs, scrapes, how to read topos, or productive cyber scouting. All fine and dandy but I care nothing about it. For me (a simple man) can u put a buck in front of you? If not that other stuff ain’t gonna help ya either, if so than that other stuff is just for fun.

The ability to walk a piece of property and say right here and throwing time at it is what separates killers from those constantly seeking answers on YouTube. Atleast IMHO

What you have described is why I think you Boogie, would be a good one to make a YouTube video. :shock:
I know, I know, but I feel like most of them are 90% talking about what they are going to talk about and 10% actual information.
I think you would just cut to the chase and tell us like it is.
Plain old meat and potatoes information
I find that sifting through the BS to get the actual info is the worst part

Ha! I believe u would be my only follower :lol: I tried capturing hunts on film last season. First time out the gate got busted by a young buck while I jacked with my camera, day 2 had to pass on a doe cause my dang camera arm prevented a shot. Enough of that! Haven’t taken a camera sense. I respect the heck out of all self filmers. Really adds some xtra challenges. I thought about the YouTube thing b4 but ended up deciding not to. It seems most of the ones I have seen have a certain niche, or try to attach themselves to someone’s coat tail. I’ve got lots of stuff I enjoy and don’t wanna be viewed as an authority on anything. Just don’t think there’s much to offer with a cross between jack asss and the great outdoors.

In regards to another post of why folks tune in to those with big buck footage that resembles tv. I can only speak for myself but I think a need for credentials is in order b4 I trust someone. In the world of media the best way to do it is by proving it. Just saying I wouldn’t go to a lecture on financial management when the guest speaker is flat broke and in worse shape than me. I need to see a track record of success or it gets me thinking this is a con job. Granted this does lead to short cuts and cheating by those who attempt to be an authority. Just seems to me that everyone is an expert these days offering how to’s many of which haven’t killed a big buck in there entire life. Again I will compare to fishing. What would u think of an angler offering tips if u watched 5 consecutive episodes and he hasn’t got a bite? Maybe he is fishing a crappy lake, maybe conditions are horrible, then again maybe he just stinks. Hard to tell but it’s easier to follow a guy loading up the boat with toads when searching for answers.

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
Wolfshead wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:Moose, I hope I didn’t imply that there’s nothing to learn from YouTube. It’s just the fact I don’t care about it. I have no interest in learning Chinese arithmetic, diy home projects, or wonders of the world. I’m content with my knowledge and value my time more than the other stuff. Pretty much the same with whitetail. I admit theres much stuff I don’t know and again don’t care. How they stick there tongue out while mating, how many turds in a typical bowel movement, how to classify rubs, scrapes, how to read topos, or productive cyber scouting. All fine and dandy but I care nothing about it. For me (a simple man) can u put a buck in front of you? If not that other stuff ain’t gonna help ya either, if so than that other stuff is just for fun.

The ability to walk a piece of property and say right here and throwing time at it is what separates killers from those constantly seeking answers on YouTube. Atleast IMHO

What you have described is why I think you Boogie, would be a good one to make a YouTube video. :shock:
I know, I know, but I feel like most of them are 90% talking about what they are going to talk about and 10% actual information.

Ha! I believe u would be my only follower :lol: I tried capturing hunts on film last season. First time out the gate got busted by a young buck while I jacked with my camera, day 2 had to pass on a doe cause my dang camera arm prevented a shot. Enough of that! Haven’t taken a camera sense. I respect the heck out of all self filmers. Really adds some xtra challenges. I thought about the YouTube thing b4 but ended up deciding not to. It seems most of the ones I have seen have a certain niche, or try to attach themselves to someone’s coat tail. I’ve got lots of stuff I enjoy and don’t wanna be viewed as an authority on anything. Just don’t think there’s much to offer with a cross between jack asss and the great outdoors.

In regards to another post of why folks tune in to those with big buck footage that resembles tv. I can only speak for myself but I think a need for credentials is in order b4 I trust someone. In the world of media the best way to do it is by proving it. Just saying I wouldn’t go to a lecture on financial management when the guest speaker is flat broke and in worse shape than me. I need to see a track record of success or it gets me thinking this is a con job. Granted this does lead to short cuts and cheating by those who attempt to be an authority. Just seems to me that everyone is an expert these days offering how to’s many of which haven’t killed a big buck in there entire life. Again I will compare to fishing. What would u think of an angler offering tips if u watched 5 consecutive episodes and he hasn’t got a bite? Maybe he is fishing a crappy lake, maybe conditions are horrible, then again maybe he just stinks. Hard to tell but it’s easier to follow a guy loading up the boat with toads when searching for answers.

In regards to that other post ?
Credentials? You can have all the credentials proof or whatever you want. There is always gonna be
Trolls, disbelievers,( ACCUSING )of cheating or unlawful things) just straight haters and oh yea seems to be tons of i guess envy too these days.
Seems to be quite a bit of that going on
You can take this any way ya want. Im not back lashing, getting my panties in a bunch, mad or however ya might take or describe this response. Been down this road b4.
I do my channel because i enjoy it and i do it with my family.
Ive killed all age class of bucks throughout my life
Mostly marsh , farms, swamps. Probably 95% of my deer are public.
I also know that we have chatted about this in the past. Expert? Me? Lmao. Thats funny.
Im far far from an expert to anything besides maybe a beer/ food menu.
But is what it is. Think what ya want.
You don't like my content Well roll on bro.
Plenty of other you tube face book experts around.
My point is with my above post is as it said.
Bucks on camera bring watchers - results-
These guys hunt almost every day and every night of the season.
If they have 90 day hunting seasons they are in a tree 85 of them. Then the travel and hunting to probably 6-7 different states throughout late summer, fall, and winter.
I hunt one state and maybe 6-7 different areas.
The comparison is eventually if someone hunts enough gonna learn the woods and get results.
The problem with alot of things these days is People are super impatient and want fast quick results.
They think there is a huge secret to. ( examples)
Kill big deer, hit a golf ball like Tiger , or the biggest get rich quick.
Imho there is no fast easy results hunting public land.
Only real way to get fast easy results is spending a ton of cash. Period.
My biggest point is this
You watch 10 different channels about how to do anything your probably gonna get 10 different ways and then be even more confused and out of touch of what your trying to learn about.
Severely frustrated looking for even more answers.
Comparing this guy , and this guy , and this guy will drive a person bat shît when looking for answers.
I try to show the basics and pass on what i have experienced and have learned through trial and error.
I also have , no products to sell nor do i give two shits about making a name for myself.

Im Rob Loper who hunts deer and lives on the east coast.
If ya really dont like what ya read or see. Scroll on. Period.
Stay safe, aim small, and be honest
Shadow22

Unread postby Shadow22 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:13 am

lol credentials matter they just do , I’m no professional by any means or anything so I seek out help for hunting same for most, so that’s why I love this forum, but if someone comments for help let’s say on a YouTube channel and we’ll basically say pay me first for a course lol that’s non sense
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:53 am

Shadow22 wrote:lol credentials matter they just do , I’m no professional by any means or anything so I seek out help for hunting same for most, so that’s why I love this forum, but if someone comments for help let’s say on a YouTube channel and we’ll basically say pay me first for a course lol that’s non sense

I agree 100%. It’s actually a marketing scheme called jab jab punch.
Feed you a little slab of info then leave you hanging til you pay. It kinda savage lol
Brad
500 Club

Unread postby Brad » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:15 pm

I personally am a big fan of youtube videos, but to get good info you absolutely have to be able to sort out what is useful and what is BS.
I am 46 years old, with a wife and kids, and have only been deer hunting for 2 years now. My dad was a hunter, but hunted mostly turkey and waterfowl, so I would say his influence has been minimal on my deer hunting. My brother has been a hunter for many years but has become more serious about it only in the past couple years. I have a very limited number of deer hunters in my circle of friends. So, I have to get information from somewhere, and in fact I try to take information from EVERYWHERE I can find it. I have watched Dan's DVD's multiple times, and I watch a ton of youtube, and I listen to a ton of podcasts, and I've read a ton of this forum. The guys who really seem to know their stuff get the most of my attention. There is not one source I have found that hunts the same exact type of areas I hunt and in the exact same way I hunt, so I have to be able to learn from a wide variety of sources and apply it to my situation.
If any of you have any sources of great information I would love to hear about it.
fenderbender62

Unread postby fenderbender62 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:25 am

Buck Psych is right in saying that East coast is just hard to compare to anything put on video anywhere. It just wpuldnt be interesting to watch a guy film 10 hunts and not even see a deer, which is what we're up against most of the season.

I thought it was funny when Dan went to PA and drove by the area with 6 or so trucks and says "now thats pressure"....well, thats my piece of public almost every day, theres 3 parking lots that holds between 6-10 trucks each around a 2500 acre piece... and you better get there early LOL.
what one man can do another can do
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:02 pm

fenderbender62 wrote:Buck Psych is right in saying that East coast is just hard to compare to anything put on video anywhere. It just wpuldnt be interesting to watch a guy film 10 hunts and not even see a deer, which is what we're up against most of the season.

I thought it was funny when Dan went to PA and drove by the area with 6 or so trucks and says "now thats pressure"....well, thats my piece of public almost every day, theres 3 parking lots that holds between 6-10 trucks each around a 2500 acre piece... and you better get there early LOL.

Amen bro. So so right.
Not taking anything from anyone or making excuses I've had my chances and screwed them up
but the biggest thing I’ve Ive learned in the last few years
Its different man. You just really cant slack on the east coast. You wanna big bucks you better be in a tree somewhere in a non pressured pocket or you what i call just deer hunting.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:39 am

TheBuckPsych wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
Wolfshead wrote:

Credentials? You can have all the credentials proof or whatever you want. There is always gonna be
Trolls, disbelievers,( ACCUSING )of cheating or unlawful things) just straight haters and oh yea seems to be tons of i guess envy too these days.
You can take this any way ya want. Im not back lashing, getting my panties in a bunch, mad or however ya might take or describe this response. Been down this road b4.
I also know that we have chatted about this in the past. Expert? Me? Lmao. Thats funny.
If they have 90 day hunting seasons they are in a tree 85 of them. Then the travel and hunting to probably 6-7 different states throughout late summer, fall, and winter.
The comparison is eventually if someone hunts enough gonna learn the woods and get results.
The problem with alot of things these days is People are super impatient and want fast quick results.
My biggest point is this
You watch 10 different channels about how to do anything your probably gonna get 10 different ways and then be even more confused and out of touch of what your trying to learn about.
Comparing this guy , and this guy , and this guy will drive a person bat shît when looking for answers.
I try to show the basics and pass on what i have experienced and have learned through trial and error.
I also have , no products to sell nor do i give two shits about making a name for myself.

I’m not gonna make any posts anymore but saw this and just couldn’t help it. First off, I’ve never watched a single video of yours nor have any idea what u have or haven’t killed. You made a post about how hunters typically follow folks with footage of big bucks and kills. I took this as an open ended question. My bad! I’m not personally attacking u nor anyone else. Just simply offering my opinion on how the wheels on the bus go round and round.

As far as hunting on the east coast.... Nope I don’t have a clue. Same with up north, Midwest, and west. I simply don’t know and have never hunted any of them. All I am saying is if there is some guys on the east coast who are consistently successful on good bucks then I would follow them over someone with just excuses of how tough the east coast is. Now if there is no such thing as a successful East coast hunter, well knowing myself I would look for happier hunting grounds.

Just has always been a quote that I’ve always truly believed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing year after year expecting different results.

Happy Trails...
-John Wayne-
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
TheBuckPsych wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
Wolfshead wrote:

My biggest point is this

I’m not gonna make any posts anymore but saw this and just couldn’t help it. First off, I’ve never watched a single video of yours nor have any idea what u have or haven’t killed. You made a post about how hunters typically follow folks with footage of big bucks and kills. I took this as an open ended question. My bad! I’m not personally attacking u nor anyone else. Just simply offering my opinion on how the wheels on the bus go round and round.

As far as hunting on the east coast.... Nope I don’t have a clue. Same with up north, Midwest, and west. I simply don’t know and have never hunted any of them. All I am saying is if there is some guys on the east coast who are consistently successful on good bucks then I would follow them over someone with just excuses of how tough the east coast is. Now if there is no such thing as a successful East coast hunter, well knowing myself I would look for happier hunting grounds.

Just has always been a quote that I’ve always truly believed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing year after year expecting different results.

Happy Trails...

Gotcha. Champ
My post Wasn't directed torwards you. I realize the wording made you probably think it was.
I was just kinda again saying what i would say to someone who is searching for answers or ideas of different maybe options. Theres slot of bs out there and tons of buy this to kill this crap.
When dealing with so many men in one place Eventually the so called experts emerge and start picking apart, and questioning everyone else's ways or ideas of doing things. I believe they must must feel dominant or feel as if he is the best or the “( whitetail God) “ of whatever.
I mean cmon last year I actually had a fella on this same forum accuse me of shooting a deer with a firearm in bow season lol.
I filmed the hunt. Bow drawn back , the shot, the track, and the find. Lmao looking back it was hilarious to even read what was being text to me but also very disappointing. I look back and think of that now and just giggle.
Ive also seen so many people here kiss Dan’s joey R’s , and few others rear ends here then go to another forum snd just totally trash them.
East coast is the east coast we deal with the same shît everyone else deals with, but it has its own unique or different challenges.
Im sure mid west deer act and react to certain things the same as an east coast deer, but I'm also sure that if you compare the reactions of the two deer it is most likely quite different in a-lot ways.
It has to be the terrain is so much different.
It would be like someone telling me to setup a bling in some brush in the mountains of Colorado to sitting on a marsh island in Nj. Just way too many variables between the two. Especially in thenumbers of larger and older bucks. Some spots just dont have older bucks. They don't survive.

End goal or point, imho And as i stated before what works for one may not work for another. Gotta be always adapting to the situation to become consistent.
Bucks especially older bucks are a different breed all together and in my area are super super hard to predict after the first few weeks of relentless pressure.
Stay safe champ go gettem.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:01 pm

Good post Buck Psych and I can relate. First I gotta laugh at the remark of calling me champ. That’s my family nickname for me. It’s based on holiday eating habits but still funny. I can totally relate to what you are talking about. Was pointed out to me today about this one desperate soul. Apparently he posted a pick of a spindly horned forky I believe on a different site a few years back saying biggest buck of his life. Next thing u know this pathological liar is saying he killed all kinds of bucks and charging folks for advice. Can only imagine he forgot about it since he claims to have slayed all kinds of bucks. Just the worst of the worst type fella who couldn’t hunt his way out of a wet sack so I totally get where u r coming from.
-John Wayne-
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:22 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:Good post Buck Psych and I can relate. First I gotta laugh at the remark of calling me champ. That’s my family nickname for me. It’s based on holiday eating habits but still funny. I can totally relate to what you are talking about. Was pointed out to me today about this one desperate soul. Apparently he posted a pick of a spindly horned forky I believe on a different site a few years back saying biggest buck of his life. Next thing u know this pathological liar is saying he killed all kinds of bucks and charging folks for advice. Can only imagine he forgot about it since he claims to have slayed all kinds of bucks. Just the worst of the worst type fella who couldn’t hunt his way out of a wet sack so I totally get where u r coming from.

There is more dudes like that than we know.
And sadly quite a few hear.
Men are just constantly trying to one up each other. Outdo total strangers for nothing.
Sad sad :cry:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”