operation Indiana

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Re: operation Indiana

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:40 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to film these! I really appreciate them!

Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
gruntNgobbles

Unread postby gruntNgobbles » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:27 pm

dan wrote:
gruntNgobbles wrote:So Dan what are your overall thoughts of this area of indiana? I recognize a couple spots.

Low population... They probably give out to many doe tags. The one buck tag really helps people hold out for better bucks and seems to be making a difference. There seems to be a pretty good diverse age of bucks, I would just like to see more of them. Pressure was really low, not a lot of trucks out there, and most great and obvious funnels or good spots that glowed on a map looked to have never been hunted before. Overall, its a good area to chase big bucks they are there, and its not to difficult to get on them, just might need more than 4 days going in green. I really liked the hill country, but barely got into it.

I agree they give out too many doe tags. I've personally seen fewer deer the past couple years, but the age class and quality has gone up. That may have more to do with adopting the beast style of hunting, but this year I've seen less does. I've still not been able to get a buck I'd like to but it will happen in due time, I still have a few more mistakes to make and lessons to learn.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:23 pm

I went to Indiana on a whim... I was bored and tagged out and yearned for tree time. I went in search of deer, with visions of big racks and adventure. I did not come home with a big buck, but I did come home with a big smile, new friends, memories, and a swelled up finger from a bee sting to the knuckle...
What an awesome, challenging, and diverse state. I can feel it calling me back, though Im barely home and now preparing for next weeks orange army in Wisconsin. The people who live there are genuine great people. I did not meet a person I did not like. I would love to run back and spend more time, but there are a lot of new places calling my name in the wind...
I love the idea of traveling around the country hunting places no one else would pick for a destination and trying to beat the local game on an equal and fair playing field. I want to thank Josh Teulker for going way out of his way to make sure I enjoyed my stay. I think your going to be seeing a lot more of Josh on the Beast channel. I also want to thank his wife Madi for feeding me, and putting up with me, and Archery champion Chris Cooper for fixing my bow after i accidentally dry fired it.
In a few days I will be dressed in orange and searching the swamps of Wisconsin for a worthy adversary, but at this moment Im left staring blankly at a computer screen wondering where the next adventure will take me...
z14.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bperdue21

Unread postby Bperdue21 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:25 pm

I'd love to see you hit George Washington National Forest in VA.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:27 pm

Go west young man!!!!!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:42 pm

It’s awesome to watch you have new dreams and inspirations. Legs getting older but the heart is still all in. This is the makes of a BEAST!
RatMe

Unread postby RatMe » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:51 pm

This was such a great long form video. At least I thought so, then I paused the video and came back and saw it has jumped to over 25,000 views in no time. Apparently I’m not the only one.

Great production with a mix of tactics, the grind, and comaraderie.

Thanks
bigredneck61088

Unread postby bigredneck61088 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:54 am

:clap: great video!
jteulker
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/josh.teulker/p ... 02133&sour

Unread postby jteulker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:04 am

greenhorndave wrote:
jteulker wrote:Had a great time hunting with Dan here in Indiana. On paper last week is usually a good week to be in the woods. But with the 80 degree temps and the fact that the bucks seemed to be locked on does we had some odds stacked against us. I'm confident if we had a few more days we would have had an opportunity.

I think you both did a great job. What I liked — other than Josh’s previously unknown sense of humor :lol: — was the breakdowns of the “why” of each spot that you both did in showing the features with the camera.

One of the other things I liked was Dan’s comment about not getting too hung up on sign during this time of year and focusing on the feature. Now, it didn’t pan out in this video, but I can think of a place or two I should have approached differently last week with that in mind.

I think I probably learn more from the “we didn’t kill anything” videos than I do from the kill ones.

Oh, and I have to say that Josh was a great guest video guy if that’s the right term. Good teacher and very clear. His audio was very faint at times when he was speaking, but other than that, great. I do subscribe to his channel as well.

Thanks for the kind words Dave. Yea the mic on my gopro was broken and I didnt realize it until after the fact.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks for the vid! :clap:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”