STOLEN BUCK!! UP of MI!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

STOLEN BUCK!! UP of MI!!

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:39 am

I’ve heard many tales of people finding a blood trail only to find a gut pile at the end. Or of being held at gunpoint and a deer taken away..fights over who killed a deer etc Never really knew how many of them were true stories.

A guy I know from childhood had one taken right from the tree he hung it in at his deer camp last night. We have a mutual friend who I was helping retrieve a deer this am. He got a text and said you aren’t going to believe this. Someone stole the big 11 last night.

So somewhere over toward Curtis, MI in the wee hours of the morning somebody came to this mans camp backed up and cut the rope. Dropping his 11 pt buck into the back of a truck to drive away. Biggest buck the guy ever shot.. as to how far from the camp it was hanging or if he celebrated a little too hard and was zonked right out I don’t know. I sure do hate a thief so I asked for some pics to post here. If you see somebody posing with pics of a buck with a rack like this.. call the dnr or pm me and I’ll forward the info on. I think the rack is unique enough that it wouldn’t be in question too long wether it was or wasn’t the same buck.

This was in upper MI so chances are it was either a Michigan or Wisconsin resident who nabbed the deer.

What a crummy thing to do.. I hope the guys dumb enough to brag about the deer and gets caught.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Jackson Marsh

Re: STOLEN BUCK!! UP of MI!!

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:42 am

:twisted: :twisted:

Hate to hear that....hopefully they catch and shame the scumbag
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:03 am

Wow that is one of the lowest disgusting things a person can do. Unbelievable...and for what? Honestly turns my stomach. I hope they find this person and put his picture up for all to see.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:05 am

Terrible, I hope your friend gets his deer back or the hunting gods reward him with something twice as big in the future.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:37 am

That is despicable. :twisted:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:21 am

I still can't wrap my head around grown men stealing trail cams, tree stands, deer etc. Losers and bums.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:24 am

Really gotta be a loser to do something like this. I have no idea how people like that can sleep at night. My guess no conscience whatsoever. Probably posting it on Facebook for “Likes”. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:31 am

Sad I’m sorry your friend lost his buck.
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:33 am

That is terrible. About as low as it gets. Hope they catch him. To help- There's also a popular site called Michigan Buck Pole that people post their deer and from what county. Keep an eye on it. Heres the link: https://mibuckpole.com/
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:56 am

What a slimy thing to do.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:12 am

What a low life piece of trash. Hope he gets syphilis or gonorrhea and his piece falls off.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:25 am

Thats horrible.

I generally quarter and pack my deer out and Ive been known to take my deer head back to the motel before I even bring the rest of the deer out of the woods, you just never know when the lowlifes will strike.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:57 am

I remember something similar happening here in WI. once in my local area. And Im sure it has happened multiple times everywhere but probably went un-reported and its hunters having their big bucks snatched out of the back of their trucks while they are sitting in the bar celebrating the hunt. Or taxidermists mysteriously “losing” hunter’s racks too. Someone already said it but I really wonder what goes through the minds of those who steal someone else’s deer. Do they just stare at a rack on a wall knowing they stole that animal? There is a special place for folks like that and it aint pleasant!
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Guess looting has found its way to the meat pole. That really sux and I would have been livid. For all the crook knows that could have been a kids first deer. I hope if discovered some good ole backwoods vigilante justice transpires. If not then I would hope he mounts the sucker and has to look at the buck everyday for the rest of his life.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Usi05

Unread postby Usi05 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:23 pm

Awful. Born up there and people up there are generally pretty good people. Hope they nail this guy

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”