Believe in yourself!!! Not the product!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bowtech1

Re: Believe in yourself!!! Not the product!!

Unread postby Bowtech1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:50 am

I agree nothing will eliminate your scent but if it can be reduced be even a fraction that could be beneficial. I don't go crazy with my scent control I do keep my clothes in a air tight tote and change at the woods. Other than that I just hunt the wind like everyone else and use unscented soaps but I do that all year regardless

Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:58 am

Bowtech1 wrote:I agree nothing will eliminate your scent but if it can be reduced be even a fraction that could be beneficial. I don't go crazy with my scent control I do keep my clothes in a air tight tote and change at the woods. Other than that I just hunt the wind like everyone else and use unscented soaps but I do that all year regardless

I do this for my feel good factor. Other that playing wind is most important.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:16 am

tim wrote:
wolfie729 wrote:
dan wrote:After a couple weeks of waste deep in the stinkiest muck in the world, sweating my boys off and getting everything I wore shredded by thorns and briars I ran into a guy in head to toe carbon clothes on a field edge near the truck and thought "yea, these scent control people don't hunt, they wait and hope".... whether you believe it works, or you dont, you aint hunting like me with that crap. You would have to buy a new magic suit every day cause you would wreck it every day.

Agreed 100% On week long hunts there is not way your keeping that stuff clean. I stink to high heaven a lot of times. Just got to hunt accordingly! You taught me that!!!!!!!

Absolutely agree! I have no access to a wash machine on vacation and if I did I wouldn’t use it most likely lol. Once in a while I wish I could wash my compression layer and the next because they start smelling pretty bad and I don’t like the smell but that being said I’m wearing the same stuff over and over all season and I’m tagging mature bucks . I had a tv guy tell me I don’t believe you ....I just smiled . Could care less who believes me.

Have you tried merino layers? They won’t hold stink. Thats what I wear when I am hanging out, scouting and hunting can sweat in them for days but they don’t hold that stink.
Earn what’s never given.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:20 am

Bowtech1 wrote:I agree nothing will eliminate your scent but if it can be reduced be even a fraction that could be beneficial. I don't go crazy with my scent control I do keep my clothes in a air tight tote and change at the woods. Other than that I just hunt the wind like everyone else and use unscented soaps but I do that all year regardless

You ever smelled a leaf fire from a ways away? IMO that’s how a deer smells us no matter what. Just either a clean you or stinky you.
Earn what’s never given.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”