Kissing frogs

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

briar
500 Club

Kissing frogs

Unread postby briar » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:00 am

Since I was so lucky and blessed to tag out early I've had a good bit of time on my hands. Im not gonna lie, I love it and if I could hunt a few times each year and tag out id do it 100/100 times.

With that being said, I've been actively exploring options for next year, with other hunters in mind and not messing with their hunts. Weather has been so nice and sign should be as fresh as possible. I've gotta say, my gosh I cover a ton of ground with little to no buck sign. It has been that way since I moved here 15 years ago. I feel like I have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a place I see what I'm looking for.

Are you guys in the same boat or am I just looking in all the wrong places?

PK_
500 Club

Re: Kissing frogs

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:48 am

It is like that everywhere I have hunted. Especially if you are focused on ‘good’ buck sign not just any little sapling that is rubbed.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:03 am

The places I have seen good bucks in the last few years had very little buck sign other than tracks and beds. No big rubs or maybe just a couple, few scrapes. I wouldn’t know they were in the area if I hadn’t seen them.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
gsquared23

Unread postby gsquared23 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:12 pm

Still trying to find where the good bucks live on my local public, this is about year 3 and I finally saw a couple of legal bucks, neither were matoor. There are very, very few out there, and the ones that are alive have a genius level IQ on how to survive and avoid dumb hunters like me.
Bowhunting is not for the faint of heart. But fortune favors the bowed.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”