Bow hunting during gun season

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mossberg90MN

Bow hunting during gun season

Unread postby Mossberg90MN » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:27 am

I’m going to be bow hunting during the gun season.

Does this change strategy at all? This weekend was opening weekend here in Mn. I plan on going out during the week, my plan was to hunt hill country but if the fact that it’s gun season changes things, then maybe I need to change my strategy.

The pressure mainly comes from the top.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Bow hunting during gun season

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:32 pm

I bowhunt all season in a gun hunting state. For me gun hunters are a blessing. Mainly cause they have one stand and a feeder. B4 they start deer cut open areas, feed freely on travel altering bait, and are tough to get close relying on cover.

Once the lead starts flying, atvs driven to stands, and repeated walking to feeders laying down scent checking cams. I know find movement highly predictable. All of a sudden my tiny patches of weeds and brush are great spots.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Mossberg90MN

Re: Bow hunting during gun season

Unread postby Mossberg90MN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:40 pm

Yea I’m having trouble trying to decide on a strategy for the gun season and using my bow. I seem to only know how to hunt 1 way, and that’s with the beast tactics. With it being rut, and the gun season going on in my state I’m not 100% sure as to what strategy to go for.

I’ve thought about hunting hills but after gun season has started I’m pretty sure those bucks aren’t cruising the ridges since that’s where all the pressure comes from.

I’m probably going to stick to the marsh but Dans says marshes aren’t very good during the rut that hills are better.

Just feeling conflicted with strategies.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”