2 big bucks spotted. Need help

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

amarty734

2 big bucks spotted. Need help

Unread postby amarty734 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:39 am

Long post but spotted two giant bucks this morning. I’m looking for help on exactly where I should setup. The wind is a very light south wind, which made me think to hunt the north side of the ridge towards the top because of thermals pulling up. Well I ended up have my wind going over the top to the south which is where the first buck came from and winded me at 60 yards. I decided to get down and prevent any more deer from winding me. I moved over the ridge to the south side and found a scrape that I believe the 1st buck was headed to. Not even 10 minutes after spooking the first buck a second buck now comes trotting in from the east. I drew on him at 25 yards and held it forever. It was too thick to get a clear shot and eventually he got downwind and ran off. Should I continue to hunt this exact spot where I saw the two bucks even though they both winded me already? All this happened at about 8am. Where would you setup on this piece? Some areas are pretty thick. Another concern is that now at about 9am my wind has down a complete 180 and is blowing back over the ridge from the south to the north again exactly how I had setup for originally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”