Few questions. Scent and oaks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hildebrand

Few questions. Scent and oaks

Unread postby Hildebrand » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:35 am

So I have a cell camera that I really want to move on private land. Its on a field edge close to bedding but its gone cold. I want to move it on a transition line in the woods but I dont want to go in and leave scent behind for a camera. I have only thrown a few sits at this woods all season really from the edge looking in. I feel like I am not pushing and just sitting back. I wanted to not put pressure on this spot and see how it played out this year because the past years I have put a lot on not knowing better.

As for acorns, how long will they fall in the midwest ? Also, how can you tell oaks by leave colors ? Any input in this area would be awesome

Chuck B
500 Club

Re: Few questions. Scent and oaks

Unread postby Chuck B » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:27 am

Just don’t put the camera “inside” the land until you actually go hunt in it. Also, it’s good to be careful, but don’t be too careful, or the deer will be shot by someone else! Just play it smart with the wind is the biggest thing.

For oaks, it’s not the color of the leaves. It’s the shape. Just google “red oak leaves” and “white oak leaves” and you will notice the differences.

Good luck.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Hildebrand

Re: Few questions. Scent and oaks

Unread postby Hildebrand » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:39 am

chuck, thanks for the reply. I will do that with the camera. I feel like I am sitting back to much.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”