Warm Weather Rut Tactics

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Cchez
Facebook: codiechesney is my Instagram

Warm Weather Rut Tactics

Unread postby Cchez » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:01 am

Our gun opener is this weekend in MN, and we're set to have high temperatures into the 60s all week and through the weekend. Needless to say, thats very warm for this time of year for northeastern MN. What are some strategies you more experienced beasts use when the weather is like this during the rut?

My plan as of now is to hunt down in a wet ash swamp with a creek running through it. I'm open to ideas and critiquing of this plan if anyone cares to share.

bowfreak8
500 Club

Re: Warm Weather Rut Tactics

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:26 am

I'm off for 10 days starting Friday and my plan is to hunt closer to bedding. I think there will still be movement but less with the warmer weather. Hunting down in the swamp is a good idea since a lot of times it's a little cooler in the bottoms.
Cchez
Facebook: codiechesney is my Instagram

Re: Warm Weather Rut Tactics

Unread postby Cchez » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:21 am

bowfreak8 wrote:I'm off for 10 days starting Friday and my plan is to hunt closer to bedding. I think there will still be movement but less with the warmer weather. Hunting down in the swamp is a good idea since a lot of times it's a little cooler in the bottoms.

Thanks for the reply. Thats what im hoping for is that it might be a little cooler down in this swamp. Also hoping this little secluded creek might provide a little travel corridor/water source they might be using in the warm weather. I've never hunted this spot so i'm curious to see what happens. Lots of tracks in there when i scouted it out in the snow.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”