AM Thunderstorms SE WI

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckinator

AM Thunderstorms SE WI

Unread postby Buckinator » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:24 am

Friday's forcast is AM thunderstorms for SE WI, but not much rain .11" total. Temps will be dropping 20 degrees during the day. The wind will be right, (NW) to hunt a scrap line I've keyed in on. Terrain is cattail marsh and dense brush/woods transitioning into open pin oaks. scrap line between pin oaks and denser bedding/marsh. I just don't know how AM thunderstorms might affect my target buck. Will a buck stay bedded in cattails? Will he be likely to get up and freshen the scrapes midday after the rain? My plan is to leave work a bit early to be setup by 3:30-4:00pm. This is heavily pressured public and main access is not far, not a remote spot. That makes me think that he is not going to poke his head out till edge of darkness. Thoughts?

Ghost Hunter

Re: AM Thunderstorms SE WI

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:22 pm

Well, how did it go?
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Buckinator

Re: AM Thunderstorms SE WI

Unread postby Buckinator » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:04 am

Ghost Hunter wrote:Well, how did it go?

He was a no show.
I didn't see any thunderstorms, but on and off rain all day and Windy conditions.
I went right up on the transition where the buck would enter from the bedding. Entry was great and hardly made a sound. Wind was just off, but a bit gusty, and I know my milk weed got sucked back towards his staging area a couple times. Maybe he scented me and held up, maybe he left midday or was elsewhere altogether.
I did hear some deer movement in the bedding where I expected the does to be, but nothing came out in shooting light.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”