Out of State Hill Property Shooter Quest

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

270573BowHunter

Out of State Hill Property Shooter Quest

Unread postby 270573BowHunter » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:06 am

Hey beasts! Hope everyone's seasons have started off on the good foot. I've got a doe in the freezer and am shifting my sights to hunting down and harvesting my first mature buck. With that being said i've watched the DVD's dan puts out about hunting various habitats and the ones that apply most to my areas of hunting are "Hill Country Bedding" & "Farm Country Bedding" . I have a unique oppourtunity where a non-hunting friend of mine has purchased a 36 acre piece that is hilly and i'd say about 98% timbered with some rock bluffs and very thick. Minimal trails cut through it and the previous owner has 3 stands they left on the property and i'm trying to figure out how the deer moved through the property based on stand locations though i'm assuming they only hunted those stands in evenings as they are lower elevation sites. With that being said I speed scouted a little Sunday when he gave me the nickle tour and put out some mineral and a cellular camera overlooking the site (denoted on the onX map as the camera icon in the N-NW corner of the property). Received my first deer picture this morning and am curious to you guy's thoughts on where I should set up on this piece, hunt it morning/evening or all day, and access? Based on his direction of travel in the picture i'm assuming he's going back to bed and the wind is directly in his face as it was a south wind with the photo (according to OnX). Excited to try and arrow him but also feeling a bit overwhelmed at how to go about getting after him. The farm is out of state for me as I live in Missouri but travel to hunt in Kentucky when I can (location of this farm) and it IS legal to hunt over bait there...I just feel as though it's cheating.....with that being said any tips, advice or ideas will greatly be appreciated. I'm the only person with permission to hunt this farm and I am mobile with a lonewolf and sticks as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”