Swamp Hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jwetzel52

Swamp Hunting

Unread postby jwetzel52 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:48 pm

Hey beasts I have some questions that I hope you can answer. To get more hunting time in during this hectic season I’ve been looking at some local public swamps. However I’ve never hunted swamps before. What are somethings to look for at aerials? What do you look for at the properties that surround the swamps? How do deer utilize swamps during the rut? Whatever info you guys can give will be greatly appreciated!!

jwetzel52

Re: Swamp Hunting

Unread postby jwetzel52 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:11 pm

jwetzel52 wrote:Hey beasts I have some questions that I hope you can answer. To get more hunting time in during this hectic season I’ve been looking at some local public swamps. However I’ve never hunted swamps before. What are somethings to look for at aerials? What do you look for at the properties that surround the swamps? How do deer utilize swamps during the rut? Whatever info you guys can give will be greatly appreciated!!
Jdw
500 Club

Unread postby Jdw » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Dan has in depth instructional videos for swamp and marsh hunting.

His YouTube videos are good also. If you haven’t already seen them that would be a good place to start.
jwetzel52

Unread postby jwetzel52 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:58 pm

I have his farm country dvd and want to get his swamp bedding one but I’ve already used up my hunting allowance for the year after I bought the beast sticks haha. I know the basics like how they bed on points and islands but after that I’m lost

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”