Doubled on Does last night

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cpdsn297

Doubled on Does last night

Unread postby cpdsn297 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:20 am

First time I've ever done that. Went to a spot over looking a field edge. We had 15 mph winds yesterday so I picked this spot because I can only get two stick high off the ground in the kill tree.

No deer until these two came in at 6pm. They came from my left exactly as I expected but one went to the right while the other went left and out to the field. Settled my 20 yard pin on her and could see blood coming out as she ran off. She made it about 40 yards and dropped. The other doe worked behind me and I thought she was going to leave. She ultimately started heading right to the field and made it to the same spot the other one was standing. Another 20 yard shot and this one dropped in her tracks.

Took two hours to get them field dressed and back to my truck and I was up till 3am butchering and packaging them.

This is shaping up to be a good year for me. Hope everybody else is having luck.

Jerry

buttonbuck
500 Club

Re: Doubled on Does last night

Unread postby buttonbuck » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:25 am

Always nice when they just keep coming

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”