Pennsylvania public land challenge!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Pennsylvania public land challenge!

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:44 am

The Pennsylvania national forests are awesome, and breathtaking. Wandering a mile or so back and standing on a steep ridge looking over a river valley at the hills and colored leaves is an image that will last forever as my image of PA... I love the public land challenge because it puts me in places and situations that I probably would not pick on my own and puts me in a challenging, sometimes awkward situation and forces me to adapt in a short period of time. Arron calls me every year and asks me for input on where to go. Every year I tell him the same thing, "surprise me. Im good with what ever you throw at me... " It almost hurts to return home. The lifestyle of sleeping in a puddle in a leaking tent in a down pour, and running thru the hills and swamps searching for hot sign hunting all day every day seems to be what Im meant to do... Now I am back to dive into the swamps and hills and farmland of Wisconsin, and I love it here too, but my days will be distracted with work, deadlines, and responsibilities. I hope everyone is enjoying the videos as much as I enjoyed the PA chase... Spoiler alert, the best shows are yet to be released!

ODH
500 Club

Unread postby ODH » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
BAS4109

Unread postby BAS4109 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:59 am

DANG IT! So close!
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:10 am

I enjoy this challenge so much and love to hear things like you just said about being somewhere else and taking in the experience! Something magical about being in an unfamiliar place with so much beauty. That’s rewarding enough in itself, and then you get to chase whitetails on top of that with an awesome group of people from different areas as well. So awesome for you guys, and for us to get to follow along with you on your hunts. Can’t thank you all enough for the videos and work that goes into that part of it so we can feel like we’re somewhat there with you. You guys are awesome. What a great time to be a whitetail hunter!
mnwild

Unread postby mnwild » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:12 am

Thanks for the videos that are amazing! Some great lessons and knowledge in everyone.
MrT
500 Club

Unread postby MrT » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:22 am

dan wrote:The Pennsylvania national forests are awesome, and breathtaking. Wandering a mile or so back and standing on a steep ridge looking over a river valley at the hills and colored leaves is an image that will last forever as my image of PA... I love the public land challenge because it puts me in places and situations that I probably would not pick on my own and puts me in a challenging, sometimes awkward situation and forces me to adapt in a short period of time. Arron calls me every year and asks me for input on where to go. Every year I tell him the same thing, "surprise me. Im good with what ever you throw at me... " It almost hurts to return home. The lifestyle of sleeping in a puddle in a leaking tent in a down pour, and running thru the hills and swamps searching for hot sign hunting all day every day seems to be what Im meant to do... Now I am back to dive into the swamps and hills and farmland of Wisconsin, and I love it here too, but my days will be distracted with work, deadlines, and responsibilities. I hope everyone is enjoying the videos as much as I enjoyed the PA chase... Spoiler alert, the best shows are yet to be released!

I love watching the struggle of ya'll adapting to new areas and trying to get on deer. It makes ya'll so relatable to viewers of the show, and it makes any success so much sweeter seeing all the hard work ya'll put into it. Thank you for being such a huge contributer to this.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:37 am

Great stuff! I'm happy to see that you guys are getting on deer. I thought Joe was going to hammer that six point!
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
Raven13

Unread postby Raven13 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:46 am

elk yinzer wrote:
SidewayZ wrote:I heard Dan say, "There seems to be pockets of where the deer are." Thats hunting the northeast mang!

If there is one sentence that can encapsulate big woods hunting, this is it, but to refine it, there are pockets of deer and there are pockets of deer where you might find the deer you are looking for.

These guys are shooting at basket racks because they know what they're up against. When you have to search through a haystack you don't have time to look for a needle. Going outside the midwest has really exposed the scope of the haystack.

Agreed, good post.
I’m really looking forward to the breakdowns and podcasts of this hunt. Looking forward to today’s video as well!

Dan, you have a good group/team around you. Respectful, knowledge men.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:18 am

dan wrote:The Pennsylvania national forests are awesome, and breathtaking. Wandering a mile or so back and standing on a steep ridge looking over a river valley at the hills and colored leaves is an image that will last forever as my image of PA... I love the public land challenge because it puts me in places and situations that I probably would not pick on my own and puts me in a challenging, sometimes awkward situation and forces me to adapt in a short period of time. Arron calls me every year and asks me for input on where to go. Every year I tell him the same thing, "surprise me. Im good with what ever you throw at me... " It almost hurts to return home. The lifestyle of sleeping in a puddle in a leaking tent in a down pour, and running thru the hills and swamps searching for hot sign hunting all day every day seems to be what Im meant to do... Now I am back to dive into the swamps and hills and farmland of Wisconsin, and I love it here too, but my days will be distracted with work, deadlines, and responsibilities. I hope everyone is enjoying the videos as much as I enjoyed the PA chase... Spoiler alert, the best shows are yet to be released!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Its been a blast following this story on here and on YouTube. Thank you Dan and the guys for coming out. Your words are so relatable and really reinforce how proud I am to be a PA hunter. We're really blessed with the state land we have here and this challenge has been a great reminder for anyone who might have forgotten that. Can't wait to see the rest!
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
knapptime

Unread postby knapptime » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:21 am

Thanks for these videos, I think these public land challenges are really changing everybody's opinions about hunting public land. Growing up, everybody I hunted with just completely disregarded public land because of the pressure it sees. You guys are out there proving that you can go out there despite the pressure, and still get after mature bucks.
mspaci

Unread postby mspaci » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:10 am

I'm enjoying this as well, Mike
Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:11 am

Well done Dan & crew!
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
PaPublicLandHunter

Unread postby PaPublicLandHunter » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:47 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:46 am

B91E1D0B-B3F7-4866-9DF3-43D242B132BE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”