What can Beast Members do for Dan?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

What can Beast Members do for Dan?

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:03 pm

I am writing this because I feel that the Beast community owes something to Dan. I am not speaking in regard of anything materialistic, but rather simplistic and just looking for ideas of appreciation.

I am sure that this topic has been brought up before, but I have been considering what the Beast member community can do for Dan. He has given so much to all of us as hunters, helping us to grow in what we are passionate about. I believe that what Dan has taught all of us goes beyond hunting. Work ethics, craftsmanship, style (WHO COULD TOP HIS T-SHIRTS!?), humbleness and generosity just to name a few. I would guarantee every single Beast member on this forum has learned something from Dan, regardless of your skill level and experiences.

I personally never had a father/uncle or any other family members which hunted. I really had no direction or advice from anybody aside from my own experiences in the woods. The first experience that I had with Dan was at a scouting workshop in February of 2019. I learned more that day than I had ever known in 15 years of hunting. I thought that I was suppose to sit in a box every year and just wait for something big to come by. Anybody I had ever talked to elder or not had the same mentality, so I thought that this was the way it was done. Since the workshop, I feel a new fire and ambition to get out into the woods and hunt and push hard. (EVEN BOUGHT TIDE WE HIP WADERS) It has now become my passion. I cannot explain the motive and drive that I have for hunting ever since I found out about Dan.

Bottom line, I think that Dan has done something for everybody here on the Beast. Looking for ideas! If nothing else, at least a toast to Dan!

Mossberg90MN

Re: What can Beast Members do for Dan?

Unread postby Mossberg90MN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:26 pm

I agree... the wealth of knowledge that Dan has, and the fact that he willingly shares that with others is actually unbelievable!

I mean put it on paper... there’s a guy that has dedicated his life to hunting big bucks... and he will tell you how he does it, for nothing more then to keep the tradition of hunting going.

I owe everything I know about deer hunting to Dan.
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:38 pm

Mossberg90MN wrote:I agree... the wealth of knowledge that Dan has, and the fact that he willingly shares that with others is actually unbelievable!

I mean put it on paper... there’s a guy that has dedicated his life to hunting big bucks... and he will tell you how he does it, for nothing more then to keep the tradition of hunting going.

I owe everything I know about deer hunting to Dan.

Appreciate your response Mossberg! I also owe what I know to Dan.
dannyboy

Unread postby dannyboy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:03 am

I agree with all of ya. Just a good dude with a selfless attitude willing to share his abundance of knowledge about a topic we all love
Rsnyder
Facebook: na

Unread postby Rsnyder » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:11 am

Dan’s the man. And this website to enjoy w/out the keyboard cowboy bs you see on every other site. Truly a blessing
fenderbender62

Unread postby fenderbender62 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:23 am

I really dont know other than buy his gear, apparel, DVD's, etc...

I've been learning everything I possibly can from Dan for about 2 years now and I can say with 100% certainty that his knowledge has made me the hunter I am and increased my woodsman skills 10 fold.

I went from hoping to see a deer while on stand to getting on deer consistently and seeing mature deer in only 2 years. No way in does that happen without the knowledge he has shared.

10, 20, 30 years from now i believe Dan will be remembered as one of the greatest minds in deer hunting ever...LEGEND
what one man can do another can do
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:25 am

Buy beast swag and merch and go to his scouting workshops.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:55 am

Following his You Tube videos and watching them and encouraging others to do the same. As I understand it, and I confess I know very little about it, the more followers a person has, the more their income from advertising goes up. It appears to me that a person can generate significant income from this.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:03 am

Stay active here on the Beast. Many knowledgeable members are no longer active. For different reasons. Though some have very understandable reasons. For not logging on. And sharing their expertise, any more.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:53 am

Agree with all the above. Buy beast clothes and climbing gear, stay active on the forum and help keep it alive and contribute.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:57 am

Name your first born after him.
Loppy

Unread postby Loppy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:27 am

Agreed. Keep the Beast live and active and respectful as it always has been. Dont let it turn into a FB thing.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:30 am

Maybe I’m oversimplifying this, but the best way to thank Dan for what he’s taught us is to knock one down!

BF6EB1C4-B59B-492D-8589-A7AF9B2C585B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:56 am

I think there are a few ways that we can thank him.

1.) Spread his message and help teach other hunters beast tactics.
2.) Have his back when he is being unjustly attacked. I'm not saying be a fan boy, just stick up for him when it's right to stick up for him like you would any friend.
3.) Buy hunting beast gear
4.) Don't always skip the ads on his YouTube channel
Biobow

Unread postby Biobow » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 am

$20 is $20

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”