Coyotes

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Moose
500 Club

Coyotes

Unread postby Moose » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:51 pm

Coyotes were sounding off just before dusk fairly close to where i was hunting. I didnt see anything and wasnt sure if that would spook the deer or not. I normally hear coyotes when its dark so i never gave it much thought.

Beefedmydrawers

Re: Coyotes

Unread postby Beefedmydrawers » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:48 pm

I haven’t really seen deer get spooked too easily by coyotes howling. I’ve had a pack light up near by with does browsing under my stand and they didnt really bat an eye. The deer hear that howl all the time.
Autiger
500 Club

Unread postby Autiger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:02 pm

What I’m finding is less deer movement in the marshes that are dried up and the coyotes are having no trouble getting through. All the deer are coming out from across the street where there is more water, but I looked today and the ponds are bare. We need some rain bad here in SE WI
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Wont bother em too much. I always use coyote howls to clear an area if I need to get out the stand "undetected". Deer keep coming back.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Mossberg90MN

Unread postby Mossberg90MN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Autiger wrote:What I’m finding is less deer movement in the marshes that are dried up and the coyotes are having no trouble getting through. All the deer are coming out from across the street where there is more water, but I looked today and the ponds are bare. We need some rain bad here in SE WI

Yes the marshes are very dry this year. Not entirely opposed to it this year because it’s given me the opportunity to explore. But yes overall I’m not seeing the most of deer movement in the marshes.
Mossberg90MN

Unread postby Mossberg90MN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:32 pm

I’ve seen deer spooked from coyotes. It was last year... I was set up just 50 yards out from doe bedding and 2 coyotes passed right by it and kept walking.

Then about 3 min later a doe came out of the bedding pretty spooked and anxious because she was either hiding from the coyotes or she could smell them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”