One day to hunt the front

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PK_
500 Club

Re: One day to hunt the front

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:36 am

Friday. Sunshine.

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:36 pm

I’ll be out tomorrow and Friday afternoon. Working “remotely” from a tamarack swamp :whistle:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:02 pm

Thursday might have less traffic on public than a Friday and I like the wind being 8-14 mph it’s just perfect for my liking.
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Il be out Thursday afternoon and Friday morning
MuskieHunterDave
Facebook: can suck it.

Unread postby MuskieHunterDave » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:27 am

Jonny wrote:I’ll be out tomorrow and Friday afternoon. Working “remotely” from a tamarack swamp :whistle:

Does anyone really do this? I work in IT and we're 100% remote right now. I technically could be out in the woods with my laptop, working off my cell signal. But I've never done it... yet.
Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:16 am

MuskieHunterDave wrote:
Jonny wrote:I’ll be out tomorrow and Friday afternoon. Working “remotely” from a tamarack swamp :whistle:

Does anyone really do this? I work in IT and we're 100% remote right now. I technically could be out in the woods with my laptop, working off my cell signal. But I've never done it... yet.

I probably spend 5-6 hours a day on my computer and anywhere from 6-15+ hours a day on my phone. I just take my work phone in the woods with me and whenever I get a call I'll reject it and text them asking if its urgent or if I can call them later. Usually its not urgent and if it is, I'll just text my way out of it. I have answered my work phone and made some pretty significant decisions while standing knee deep in muck in a swamp. If only the person on the other end knew where I was.

I won't carry my laptop in the woods with me. Would have a hard time explaining how I ruined a $1000+ laptop by taking a swamp dunk with it. I'll just get up early to get my work done or stay up late. I usually have night work so its normal for me to send out emails at stupid times since I'm up answering phone calls at all hours of the day. But I'm lucky that I can get away without using my laptop for most of the day.

Also, in a hurry, where will you put your laptop when a big one comes in hot? A phone is easy to throw in a pocket or on the seat. A laptop would be tough. Plus its alot easier to damage than a phone in a heavy duty case.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
WiscoDisco

Unread postby WiscoDisco » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:48 pm

MuskieHunterDave wrote:

Same here. Gun season in a box blind or something sure. I am in a position where I am on call for knowledge or to get someone on "it" more than run in there myself. I can coordinate alot of that from phone / text / email. Not exactly my preffered way to hunt though. I go out there to forget all that crap. Luckily I tagged out October 1 and dont have to play that game!!
NorthernRookie

Unread postby NorthernRookie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:16 pm

HEINEN86 wrote:
mspaci wrote:Ive never worried about, apps, moon books, I hunt whenever I can. If I'm not working, I'm hunting, so id be out there anyway. Mike

Here is something I'm starting to take more to heart since my wireless cameras tend to tell me differently then the moon....apps....professionals all have to say. Days that are supposed to be "low percentage" hunts I'll have pictures all day of deer. And vise versa.... this is a good read and a little something to fire up a debate! OH AT LEAST FIND AND READ THE SPOILER ALERT!

https://www.qdma.com/deer-movement-is-a ... -solve-it/

So last year i had a buck on my property that came out a lot when it was warm. Had a picture of him when it was 50 in november. Came into the backyard again in a heat spell. Got a picture of another buck leaving rubs a few days ago when it was 70 and dark moon.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”