Poll: hang on/saddle/climber/ladder/ground

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Poll: Hang on/saddle/climber/ladder

Hang on
42%
Saddle
37%
Climber
10%
Ladder stand
3%
Ground
8%

Total votes: 191
MuskieHunterDave
Facebook: can suck it.

Re: Poll: hang on/saddle/climber/ladder/ground

Unread postby MuskieHunterDave » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:23 am

I'm about 60% hang on, 40% ground. I prefer to be up in a tree, but some spots don't allow for it, and some times I only have a little while to hunt and it isn't worth it to carry out a stand, spend 20 minutes putting it up/taking it down, to hunt in it for less than an hour.

Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:22 am

I voted hang-on, but realistically, since moving to Montana it's probably more like 80/20 Ground/Hang-On. If we limit the poll to just whitetail deer hunting, I'm probably 80/20 hang-on/ground.
Tydaniel2340

Unread postby Tydaniel2340 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:28 am

For the folks that voted hang on, are you doing a hang and hunt each time? Is this your mobile run and gun setup? If so, how long does it take you to set up? What hang on do you recommend for this? I gave the saddle a try and I am not sure it is for me.
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:07 am

Tydaniel2340 wrote:For the folks that voted hang on, are you doing a hang and hunt each time? Is this your mobile run and gun setup? If so, how long does it take you to set up? What hang on do you recommend for this? I gave the saddle a try and I am not sure it is for me.

I use an xop vanish for run and gun with 3 lone wolf sticks and one beast stock for the top. Nice to have the 2 step option to hang stand. I set up every time I go out unless I'm real short in time and do a ground sit. Takes me about 15 minutes to be sitting in the tree and about ten minutes from dropping the bow to packed up and hiking out. The vanish I'd ok but heavier than it should be for it's size. when I first tried this system i almost gave up but now after a few years on it I'm glad I stuck it out and use it pretty much exclusively.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”