Peeing from the tree?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEMObowhunter

Re: Peeing from the tree?

Unread postby SEMObowhunter » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:46 pm

Right out of the tree. Never thought twice about it. Coffee and beer are a mystery, drink one cup or can, and pee three..... :think:

Beefedmydrawers

Unread postby Beefedmydrawers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:39 am

vtbuck wrote:Let it fly but remember to play the wind so you don’t get covered

Would this apply for poop as well?
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Ha I'd recommend climbing down for that Beef.
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:24 pm

Just don’t pee into the wind or on your steps..
Jesse Miller

Unread postby Jesse Miller » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:06 pm

I recently had a 4 pt directly down wind. When he disappeared in some brush I took a leak and a few minutes later he walks up to about 5 feet from my tree with his nose in the air. Never spooked a bit.
Now therefore take, I pray thee,thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. Genesis 27:3
Seeker529
Facebook: N/A

Unread postby Seeker529 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:20 pm

I hang it right off the edge of the stand... as soon as any urine starts to break down (matter of mins) it starts to turn ammonia... all ammonia is the same smell.. if you take a look at all the guys doing mock scrapes now and they pee on the scrape and get intel on bucks they want to hunt... the deer aren’t scared from the urine smells! Plus most hunters here are mobile... they only hunt the spot once and they play the wind so urine smell shouldn’t have any effect
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:29 am

I feel bad for the lady hunters. I hate it when I have to climb down and delayer clothes cus I ate too much chili the night before (my current situation). To have to climb down for every pee must be rough!
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 am

Chuck B wrote:I feel bad for the lady hunters. I hate it when I have to climb down and delayer clothes cus I ate too much chili the night before (my current situation). To have to climb down for every pee must be rough!

1 cup of coffee in the morning. I can sit 5 hours before I have to get down.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
MrT
500 Club

Unread postby MrT » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:36 am

I watched a commentary of Barry Wensel talk about an expirement he did with a restaurant ketchup bottle filled with pee. He said he would sit in the stand and directly squirt deer in the face. He said other than a small reaction of having liquid hit their face, it didn't bother them one bit.
MrT
500 Club

Unread postby MrT » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:41 am

Chuck B wrote:I feel bad for the lady hunters. I hate it when I have to climb down and delayer clothes cus I ate too much chili the night before (my current situation). To have to climb down for every pee must be rough!

Ladies have to pee just like we poop from the tree stand. Grab your safety rope, twerk your rear off the end of the stand, and LET IT GO! :whistle:
tundra@1

Unread postby tundra@1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:37 pm

I disagree. On deer areas, that see little to no human activity, and hunting from the same stand and area, I carry a pee bottle. Usually a Gatorade bottle, not a big deal. They may have no reaction lets say in farm country in Waupaca County Wis, with all its activity, but I have seen negative reaction, when at a time, I hunted the Bad River area in Ashland County, and that is 12 by 25 mile square area, with 2 roads, so its remote.

I change my eating habits prior to fall, and try to get my bowell movement set up, like for about 3am if I can. If I had to go Number 2 it would be done, 400 yards away from my prime stand.

Again, I am talking about low pressure, areas, and your using a small area, and the same stand.

When mobile, I just pee etc, where I am, that is another story.

My theory has been tested, by actually laying out human urine on rags in areas, and watching deer react. Sounds crazy, but I have done it............. good luck to all this fall

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”