Goat on a rope...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

crankn101
500 Club

Re: Goat on a rope...

Unread postby crankn101 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:30 am

I have never wanted a goat on the rope and cant stand the thought of someone "putting" me on a buck. About ten years ago I won a small bass tourney and I overheard a friend saying "I put Dustin on those fish", needless to say I wasnt happy and told him he should have went and caught them if he knew they were there. I also have access to miles of private river bottom in SD I could hunt and havent been there since 07 or 08. The last few years have been wearing on me and a layup isnt looking too bad right about now. :think:
Bigbluehelim

Unread postby Bigbluehelim » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 am

So the last 5 seconds, is that a teaser?? Or just a past clip?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:51 pm

Bigbluehelim wrote:So the last 5 seconds, is that a teaser?? Or just a past clip?

Just a paST CLIP
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:55 am

I think this was one of my favorite HB videos so far. I can definitely relate to not wanting to be setup by someone else.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:04 am

Good stuff as always. I'd say most of the people on here are into doing things themselves. I will say, I spend a few days hunting my Uncle's property in Indiana every few years or so. It's basically a vacation to go out and hunt pre-hung stands on private ground.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:43 am

Perhaps one day I'll take the Goat on a Rope......But for now, T-Rex wants to hunt. ;)
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:20 am

I laughed when you had to wait for Rick when he was "old ladyin around". That's what I call it when I have to wait for the man to get his stuff together. :lol:
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
mbone1327

Unread postby mbone1327 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:22 am

Great video. Thanks Dan.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:22 am

I will be honest.... If I drove cross country to hunt with Dan I would have scurried up that tree b4 he could finish asking. I love the T-Rex story but in real life it just isn’t the case. Go tie a goat up in coyote or bobcat country and see what happens :lol: Will also say that what is being referred to as a giveme guarantee 7 out of 10 bowhunters would have found a way to screw the pooch.

Respect the decisions made in the hunt, but I would have been in the tree with a blood thirsty smile. I asked a fellow beast to come fishing this spring. I’m not gonna point and say the lake is that way.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:48 am

Boogieman1 wrote:I will be honest.... If I drove cross country to hunt with Dan I would have scurried up that tree b4 he could finish asking. I love the T-Rex story but in real life it just isn’t the case. Go tie a goat up in coyote or bobcat country and see what happens :lol: Will also say that what is being referred to as a giveme guarantee 7 out of 10 bowhunters would have found a way to screw the pooch.

Respect the decisions made in the hunt, but I would have been in the tree with a blood thirsty smile. I asked a fellow beast to come fishing this spring. I’m not gonna point and say the lake is that way.

Exactly :lol:

If my brother is ever dumb enough to come over and hunt marshes with me I'm going to help him pick a spot that I know will have higher odds of success.
mbone1327

Unread postby mbone1327 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:52 am

Boogieman1 wrote:I will be honest.... If I drove cross country to hunt with Dan I would have scurried up that tree b4 he could finish asking. I love the T-Rex story but in real life it just isn’t the case. Go tie a goat up in coyote or bobcat country and see what happens :lol: Will also say that what is being referred to as a giveme guarantee 7 out of 10 bowhunters would have found a way to screw the pooch.

Haha I'd have to agree. Certain situations you don't pass up.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:42 am

Some folks I can't figure - you, I got no issues with. Saying it like it is.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:59 am

I dunno about some of you guys. Why not just go and hunt? Why does it have to be so complicated?
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:40 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:

Exactly :lol:

If my brother is ever dumb enough to come over and hunt marshes with me I'm going to help him pick a spot that I know will have higher odds of success.

I know the perfect island to send him too. Guaranteed opportunity at a big buck. :mrgreen:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”