Help with hunting Whitetail in Alberta, Canada

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Newff

Help with hunting Whitetail in Alberta, Canada

Unread postby Newff » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:01 pm

I've been doing a lot of research and trying to learn how to hunt Whitetail and have been having a blast looking at aerial photos and going out and finding bedding here in Alberta, Canada.

I had some nice bucks on cam last year but didn't actually scout and try to find them again until now. I really wanted to put what I learned to the test and get a nice buck. Well today I went out with a friend and shot what I thought was a Doe but it was a young buck with little spikes and had to use up my buck tag. I now have 2 tags left for Does.

I've read to find does, you follow the food. Well in the US it seems the main diet on public is Acorns from Oaks, which we don't have and I can't really figure out where the food is. I think they just eat twigs and grasses, other green plants but that stuff is literally everywhere so I'm not sure how to figure out where they would be heading every day for food.

Do I just need to look for trails and put out cams until I figure it out?

Any Canadians here that do a lot of scouting? Any tips would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”