Getting my ground sneak on

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DaveT1963
500 Club

Getting my ground sneak on

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:45 am

Did a little DIY stuff today on my ghillie bow blind and a ghillie hat/cape. Coupled with First Lite Cipher leaf suit, I think it will do the job. The video shows how the bow blind effectively hides my draw (you can watch the red crepe myrtle flowers to see when I draw). The Waldrops pack seat works perfectly with this set up. Add some tan pants, a little face paint around the eyes and this should blend into a lot of environments.

https://youtu.be/Wx29aIzU9mw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Re: Getting my ground sneak on

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Cool idea! Looks great.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:21 pm

That’s cool. Keep us posted as to how it works!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:04 pm

That looks good. Without the blue jeans and in heavier cover, you wouldn't know what you were looking at.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Huntress13 wrote:That looks good. Without the blue jeans and in heavier cover, you wouldn't know what you were looking at.

Yes man and that's with no cover in front of me. I typically wear tan pants to blend into the grass and then use my pvc pipes to put brush around me.

https://youtu.be/gVqXuPj-RqM
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:00 pm

DaveT1963 wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:That looks good. Without the blue jeans and in heavier cover, you wouldn't know what you were looking at.

Yes man and that's with no cover in front of me. I typically wear tan pants to blend into the grass and then use my pvc pipes to put brush around me.

https://youtu.be/gVqXuPj-RqM

Excellent idea.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
Zephyrus
Facebook: Jason L Anderson

Unread postby Zephyrus » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:52 am

DaveT1963 wrote:Did a little DIY stuff today on my ghillie bow blind and a ghillie hat/cape. Coupled with First Lite Cipher leaf suit, I think it will do the job. The video shows how the bow blind effectively hides my draw (you can watch the red crepe myrtle flowers to see when I draw). The Waldrops pack seat works perfectly with this set up. Add some tan pants, a little face paint around the eyes and this should blend into ...

Did you make the bow blind yourself? Curious to see how that is set up.
I welcome constructive criticism to any of my comments, because Knowledge is Power!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:31 am

8-)

That is a slick setup.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:53 am

Zephyrus wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:Did a little DIY stuff today on my ghillie bow blind and a ghillie hat/cape. Coupled with First Lite Cipher leaf suit, I think it will do the job. The video shows how the bow blind effectively hides my draw (you can watch the red crepe myrtle flowers to see when I draw). The Waldrops pack seat works perfectly with this set up. Add some tan pants, a little face paint around the eyes and this should blend into ...

Did you make the bow blind yourself? Curious to see how that is set up.

Yes I built it. Got the idea off Curt from Tradgang, his attached with a strap on fishing reel adapter. I modified it to work in a quiver so it is easy to take on/off.

I basically took a carbon arrow with field point. Cut it to desired length. I drilled a small hole at top and bottom. Took stiff wire and shaped to fit in each hole. I exposed it in place then stretched netting over the fram and sewed it in place. then it's just a matter of attaching the ghillie material and sneaky leaves to it. I also added several paracord strips so I can tie on natural material.
Zephyrus
Facebook: Jason L Anderson

Unread postby Zephyrus » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:11 am

8-)

Slick!
I welcome constructive criticism to any of my comments, because Knowledge is Power!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”