Different but the same

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Different but the same

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:10 am

Not sure if many people have followed Midwest Whitetail over the years. Bill Winke seems like one heck of a guy and one heck of a deer hunter. He recently sold the farm that he built and managed for years. He is a family man and a giant killer. The guy always responds to any questions that are asked on his website and some of them can be quite personal. Dan's hunting style couldn't be more different than Bill's but they both care so much about deer and deer hunting. The differences are evident but the similarities are as well. If you haven't checked out Midwest Whitetail I suggest giving it a whirl. Ignore the 5 BS ads that the show starts with and you'll love it...

"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
Zephyrus
Facebook: Jason L Anderson

Re: Different but the same

Unread postby Zephyrus » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:53 am

Never heard of him.

But if a 5 year Beast member recommends him, maybe I can add a few more arrows to my quiver, so to speak.
I welcome constructive criticism to any of my comments, because Knowledge is Power!
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:59 am

MW is the first YouTube channel I started watching and I still follow along mostly because Bill just seems like a really good dude and I really like their production and camera work. It has nothing to do with my style of hunting but I have still learned some things. As I mentioned I really like the excellent clear footage they get especially of the shot and when I started bowhunting seriously I watched almost every episode just analyzing shot placement and the deer’s reaction and the end result. The ads don’t bother me I just skip past that part.

Oh yeah and I also have MW to thank for turning me on to the public land hunts with Aaron and Zach and Greg that eventually led to The Hunting Public.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Jdw
500 Club

Unread postby Jdw » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:47 am

I have learned a lot from MW Whitetail the info lends itself to lower pressure properties and property management.
I have learned a lot from the Beast and it lends itself to high pressure areas and public land.

Soak up as much info as you can from anywhere you can, sort through it and apply it to your specific situation.
Burningbootleather

Unread postby Burningbootleather » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:22 pm

I stay open to all kinds of methods and listen to all kinds of people.

Even if the information doesn’t apply at the time I read it I hold on to it. You never know what kinda habitat that 170” deer will be roaming in and if you find him it’s nice to know where to begin even if that’s not your norm
RiverBottoms
500 Club

Unread postby RiverBottoms » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:27 pm

I've enjoyed Midwest Whitetail, especially back when I started bowhunting 8-9 years ago. I've learned a lot about deer behavior from Bill, even though I don't hunt cush farms like he did. He really was a pioneer, and many of the most relevant shows today can trace their roots back to MW at some point.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”