Ethics, and pineapple on pizza.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Cvanheel

Ethics, and pineapple on pizza.

Unread postby Cvanheel » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:04 am

Id like to know what are some pet peeves that my fellow beast hunters have. What does ethics on public land mean to you? Name one thing you find unethical. I'm interested to know were we all stand? Also pineapple belongs on pizza change my mind ;) haha

A5BLASTER
500 Club

Re: Ethics, and pineapple on pizza.

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:08 am

My number one ethics pet peeve on public is people not following the rules and game laws.

I follow the laws and rules to a T, everyone else has to as well.

I wont discuss pizza, that's like discussing politics and religion lol
mbarthelemy

Unread postby mbarthelemy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:48 am

Public land ethics: Everyone and no one owns the land. First come, first serve...that being said, it usually is better to work with your FELLOW hunters to make the day fruitful for at least someone. i have the tendency to turn a lot of things into a contest, which can lead to a lot of butthurt if my prime scouted spot is occupied. that is why i try to have a bunch of places picked so i can work it out with my fellow dudes and dudettes. Pineapple on pizza...aloha!

I have a couple buddies that get pretty salty with me whenever i kill a nice buck...never see that line of reasoning. I just tell them "you cant kill them from the couch"
Comet

Unread postby Comet » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:55 am

Biggest problem I run into is slobs leaving their garbage all over the place which is odd cause I've never had a bad experience with other hunters. I usually walk out with some garbage in one of my pant pocket. Pineapple on pizza. Pass.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:07 am

As far as ethics go, I just try to treat everyone the way I would want to be treated. Also, I try to take care of the land as if it was my own. I despise people who litter, or who don't follow motorized vehicle rules.

Pineapple on pizza is life changing. Don't knock it 'til ya try it.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
hcooper84

Unread postby hcooper84 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:09 am

Public/Private Ethics: What really grinds my gears is jealousy. A high school kid in my hometown shot a giant 200+ buck last year on a very small piece of property (5-20 acres i believe). He had 3 years of pictures of the deer and had hunted him each year. I have never heard so much hate and jealousy. Rumors were created that he trespassed and/or that he poached it. Just ridiculous stuff a high schooler shouldnt have to deal with. I heard hate coming from hunters and even non-hunters. It was really quite surprising how some people thought the deer belonged to them. That may have seen it once or had a trail cam picture so they thought they had claim to it.

My brother in law had a real nice and clear trail cam picture of the deer. So after the kid shot it, I sent the kid the picture to add to his collection and story of the buck. I guess us Beasts are just a little kinder.

I guess with most things in life though, those who dont have success or are too lazy to reach for it always find a bad reason for why others obtained it.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:15 am

I have weekly pineapple pizza socials on public land with more than 6-people... :o
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
kher

Unread postby kher » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:16 am

People trespassing private to get into an isolated WMA, while im sweating balls to get to it with my kayak/canoe.
“The more I practice, the luckier I become.”
Byron Ferguson
RiverBottoms
500 Club

Unread postby RiverBottoms » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 am

A couple public land ethics things.

I've been grilled in the parking lots on what I'm seeing, when, where etc... I get the whole working together with your fellow hunters thing, but pumping others to do your homework for you is not cool

Setting up / taking down during prime time... not a fatal error, but annoying

Garbage - really? pack it out with you

Pineapple on pizza - heck yeah, why not
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:25 am

Stands left up year round when they are supposed to be removed in the spring.

People parking wherever they want instead of in designated lots only.

Atv’s and side by sides on trails where they shouldn’t be.
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:40 am

Play by the rules. Where's the personal satisfaction in cheating anyway. I love pineapple and eat it in yogurt almost daily. Cooked pineapple is just wrong and to put it on pizza is even worse. :snooty:
lotusnmo

Unread postby lotusnmo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:16 am

Marking a way in with flagging tape every ten yards. I get a laugh from removing a nice section of it.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:25 am

Litter. So easy to bring it out. I like pineapple on pizza. Havnt had it for awhile.
Drenalin
500 Club

Unread postby Drenalin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:33 am

My biggest pet peeve in the woods is basically anything left behind - trash, treestands (especially semi-permanent homemade ones), flagging tape and cat eyes stuck in tree bark.

Ethics, to me, at least partially means I follow all of the rules and not just the ones I agree with. Do the right thing, even when you think no one is watching. Don't be a pain in the neck to other hunters.

I've had pineapple on pizza, and I don't agree with it. Pizza is a vehicle for spiced meats and maybe some vegetables, but never fruit. But I wouldn't hold it against another person if they took it with pineapple, but it ain't for me.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:45 am

Fruit doesn't belong on pizza unless you are counting tomatoes as a fruit. Nor does fruit belong with cottage cheese or cream cheese. It ain't right.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”