Backcountry whitetail hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Grard73

Backcountry whitetail hunting

Unread postby Grard73 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:26 am

My friend and I are planning on doing a backcountry bow hunt in Michigan or Wisconsin first week of November. I have been wanting to do this for years and I finally have the vacation time to do so. Looking for any advice or equipment recommendations as this will be a first.

Edcyclopedia

Re: Backcountry whitetail hunting

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:54 am

Topo map review, good portable tree stand, patience & do not stress out if you do not score...
With any luck, your chosen area is good and this is a building process of year-to-year knowledge building.
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Grard73

Unread postby Grard73 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:57 am

Thank you for your response! I have a lone wolf alpha with beast sticks, and my friend and I have poured over maps and had boots on the ground since February(in Michigan) and map only in Wisconsin. He’s hunting the opener there. I’m just excited to get back in the woods and doing a backcountry style I think will add another element of enjoyment and difficulty.
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:56 pm

Pretty cool idea. Sounds like something I'd think about doing. I guess I would pack in similar to how I would if I were hunting out west with a good pack on my back and maybe a lightweight saddle with me. A hammock could be a good lightweight option too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”