Wind direction/bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MsDeltakilla

Wind direction/bedding

Unread postby MsDeltakilla » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:15 am

I’ve been a “beast” style hunter before I knew what beast style was.. I knew that if I gave that buck a wind that was favorable to him I would have a better chance. But, I am still green when it comes to “predicting” where he will be bedded. I’ve watched a ton of the hunting beast videos on bedding, and one video in particular ( HB tv ep.3 hunting bedded buck) Dan hunts a particular wind that doesn’t make sense to me. It doesn’t make sense as to why the deer would bed the way he was bedded... essentially he was bedded nose into the wind. I know that always and never are two words that you can’t use when talking about white tails... but I thought deer usually have the wind to their back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Huntress13
500 Club

Re: Wind direction/bedding

Unread postby Huntress13 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:52 am

It is hard to tell exactly with the angle in the video. But I suspect that the buck's back was to the south against that little outcropping of trees. Head facing west. So, sort of a cross wind for the deer.

Maybe Dan will pop in and clarify for certain.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
MsDeltakilla

Re: Wind direction/bedding

Unread postby MsDeltakilla » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:02 am

Huntress13 wrote:It is hard to tell exactly with the angle in the video. But I suspect that the buck's back was to the south against that little outcropping of trees. Head facing west. So, sort of a cross wind for the deer.

Maybe Dan will pop in and clarify for certain.

Thank you for your input, it was Dans hunt, he would be the man with that answer! Cross wind makes a little more sense

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”