Cat and mouse

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Csradeerhunter
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/cody.blackmon.5?ref=bookmarks

Cat and mouse

Unread postby Csradeerhunter » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:01 am

I have heard this term used a few times by dan describing his chase after a paticular buck . i have been thinking about the whole deal of hunting a new spot each time you hunt and stacking your spots . i know each beading area is difftent in size and each situation is diffrent. If you have a half acre bedding area for instance in a swamp how many times will you hop around in that area before you leave the whole area all together ? I've heard that it is hard to kick a big buck out of a general bedding area alot of times so if you just throw one hunt at it and dont see your buck you dont necessarily have to hunt the same tree but maybe jump over a hundred yards to catch him on diffrent exit trail ? The weather could just be bad the day you hunt the area or the buck just might not of been in that paticular bed the day you hunted it . so how much do you jump around in one paticular area before you just leave the whole area all together and go some where els ?

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: Cat and mouse

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:26 am

There are no absolutes and some bedding areas lend themselves to hunting more than others. Having scouted many areas and knowing how you will set up will lend itself to first time hunting success in many areas more than hunting an area over and over will.

Here in Michigan great bedding areas typically have 4 phases during the season- Early Season, Pre-rut with increased movement, gun season and late season. Throwing a single hunt at 2 or 3 of these phases is what I typically do.

If you haven't scouted out enough bedding areas to have areas to rotate through you can still go in blind and kill bucks in new areas... you just need to know what to look for. The Hunting Beast videos do a great job of showing just that.

Bridge

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”