Live from the field 2020

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

blackwidow
500 Club

Re: Live from the field 2020

Unread postby blackwidow » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:34 am

Just got set up with my wife. We are on the ground per her request. She’s getting to the part of her pregnancy where she gets uncomfortable pretty easily so no more stand hunting for the rest of her season. We are set up on a food plot edge that a bunch of does are using. Have a couple good bucks using it too. She won’t be overly picky. First big doe is gonna get it.

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:44 am

Sat from sun up to about 1. Really calm today. Did some deep scouting. No fresh sign. scratching this section off the list. Onto the next.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 am

Saw a giant double dropper in an area I've been hunting last night showing my brother the area. So obviously thats the spot for the morning hunt. I setup on a nearly bare hillside next to a small ceder. about 20 min before legal shooting i can glass by the moonlight and see a huge white throat patch. As it gets closer to light I can see its rack. It was him pinned down with a doe 200 yards below me in a thick grass patch. Watched them bed and stared scooting towards them the doe eventually got back up and led him south over the hills to some bedding. Set up on the downwind side of the bedroom. Hoping for a dream buck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:19 am

Good luck Stache!
Loppy

Unread postby Loppy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:21 am

That is a beauty Swamp! Good luck! I hope you get a crack at him!
RiverBottoms
500 Club

Unread postby RiverBottoms » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:47 am

Swamp Stache wrote:Saw a giant double dropper in an area I've been hunting last night showing my brother the area. So obviously thats the spot for the morning hunt. I setup on a nearly bare hillside next to a small ceder. about 20 min before legal shooting i can glass by the moonlight and see a huge white throat patch. As it gets closer to light I can see its rack. It was him pinned down with a doe 200 yards below me in a thick grass patch. Watched them bed and stared scooting towards them the doe eventually got back up and led him south over the hills to some bedding. Set up on the downwind side of the bedroom. Hoping for a dream buck!

Yikes! Now that is a good one. Go get that buck
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:26 am

It’s “welcome to the jungle” night at the river. Large bedding point that runs to a pinch at the back of a slough. One solid scrape on the way in with a couple rubs coming down the point. There are some massive historical rubs in here. With one buck in mind to end my season on, I’m hoping this is his domain before he crosses the river for the bulk of the rut.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
RuskiBow
Facebook: Samuel Letunovskiy

Unread postby RuskiBow » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:46 am

Ended up setting down around 9:30am, and scouted my way down the river edge for a good 2 miles. Just found mostly trails and some older rubs.

Then I hit the good stuff. Chest high rub, big tracks in the mud and awesome thick doe bedding area.

Going to setup in that spot, using the railroad as my access! It’s a mile deep on this piece, as deep as it goes almost. Not much human sign, so I’m hoping for the best.

On another note, I was sitting in my truck in the parking lot, waiting for my brother to pull so we can set up his stand, and all of a sudden I see the huge mature 10 point buck that I jumped yesterday. He was running full sprint through the woods, parking lot, across the road and jumped the fence and onto private. Continued over the rail road tracks running like the devil was chasing him.

I wonder what had him running so fast?
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person"

-Fred Bear
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:45 am

Didn't see any deer all day, but I did just hear what sounded like a pack of coyotes busting up a group of deer a few hundred yards to the north of me. That was pretty intense, and really cool.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Just one 8pt out of range. No does moving kinda odd.
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
LukeTM
Facebook: IG: Racks_and_Rivers

Unread postby LukeTM » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:01 pm

Week long rutcation begins now.
:dance:
I hunt, I fish and I sing guitar solos in songs.
IG: Racks_and_Rivers
PaPublicLandHunter

Unread postby PaPublicLandHunter » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:20 pm

Good luck to everyone out this morning!

My rutcation starts when I leave work at noon!
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:39 pm

Setup further in from where is was on nov 2. Saw a good one pushing a doe in here. Got In fairly quiet except one branch broke. Think I hear chasing in the dark. Lot of road noise here. It’s prime time!
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:25 am

Kinda off wind.
Bumped 2 on the way in.
See what happens
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Ishi Spirit

Unread postby Ishi Spirit » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:29 am

After tagging out a guy becomes a buck magnet :lol:
7C0BCAE5-474E-43A3-9756-321AF66FCDAB.jpeg
The Spirit Lives On

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”