Good THP test of permetherin for ticks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Good THP test of permetherin for ticks

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:53 pm

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Autiger
500 Club

Re: Good THP test of permetherin for ticks

Unread postby Autiger » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:06 pm

Glad I picked some up for the first time a few weeks back. Going to make sure I start treating my clothes on a routine basis. I’ve been relatively lucky and usually only find one or two on me a year but would prefer to have none. A few years back when I lived in Alabama I was out scouting and must have walked through a seed tick nest. Didn’t see or feel them until I got home but had 100’s of baby ticks crawling all up my legs. Never scrubbed harder. No diseases but I did get red specks where they had attached after a few days and itched slightly
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:30 am

Good test.

Im not sure if anyone takes my advice but I highly suggest these base layers for summer scouting and early season. They are a game changer. I will try to find my old pic I shared on here years back, the clear bag was filled with ticks/chiggers. I stopped counting at x50.

Ill wear the permethrin w the base layers and treated pants during summer scouting. For camera pulls and actual hunting I dont even use bug spray anymore and no bugs.

https://www.eastbay.com/product/model/e ... 10616.html
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:59 am

<DK> wrote:Good test.

Im not sure if anyone takes my advice but I highly suggest these base layers for summer scouting and early season. They are a game changer. I will try to find my old pic I shared on here years back, the clear bag was filled with ticks/chiggers. I stopped counting at x50.

Ill wear the permethrin w the base layers and treated pants during summer scouting. For camera pulls and actual hunting I dont even use bug spray anymore and no bugs.

https://www.eastbay.com/product/model/e ... 10616.html

I don’t have real bug issues with it either, but the mosquitoes seem to have more success against the permethrin when the clothes are soaked-through with sweat.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:15 am

Permetherin is great. I mix my own now. Catman has a great video on how to mix some up.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:22 am

Moose wrote:Permetherin is great. I mix my own now. Catman has a great video on how to mix some up.

Yep.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:11 pm

I would like them to have done the test in May rather than August. :(
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:59 am

I put permethrin on everything - socks, undies, t-shirt, pants, jacket, etc. Makes a diff.

Permethrin is your friend. Buy concentrated at Tractor Supply and spray it on. You'll waste less than mixing up a tub and soaking clothes.
milkweed-militia
500 Club
Facebook: Ross Brawner

Unread postby milkweed-militia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:09 am

Stuff is legit for sure. I mix my own as well.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:50 am

milkweed-militia wrote:Stuff is legit for sure. I mix my own as well.

Same here. I never hit the woods without it.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Bravov2

Unread postby Bravov2 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 pm

One more week of doxycycline for me. Wasn't the woods,dogs brought them into bed. Me and both my beagles are being treated for Lyme. First week or so was kinda cocky about it wasn't too bad last few days I just want to nap all day with joint pain. Might be late but sprayed all around the house and plan on taking better precautions. Since getting it I'm finding a ton of people in PA are reaching out that also had it or are getting it this year. It's nuts out there be careful
PAbowhunter10

Unread postby PAbowhunter10 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:26 pm

Bravov2 wrote:One more week of doxycycline for me. Wasn't the woods,dogs brought them into bed. Me and both my beagles are being treated for Lyme. First week or so was kinda cocky about it wasn't too bad last few days I just want to nap all day with joint pain. Might be late but sprayed all around the house and plan on taking better precautions. Since getting it I'm finding a ton of people in PA are reaching out that also had it or are getting it this year. It's nuts out there be careful

My mom has lymes disease. Got it back when I was in high school. Never realized she had it for a few years. Unfortunately when you let it progress without treatment, that’s when it becomes life threatening. She has been through all kinds of treatments the past few years and still today had issues with joint pain, short term memory loss, and chronic fatigue. For anyone who thinks ticks and lymes disease are a joke think again. Protect yourself and your family and always spray down before going into the woods. I’d be more concerned about getting lymes disease then the corona virus this fall.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:46 pm

PAbowhunter10 wrote:
Bravov2 wrote:One more week of doxycycline for me. Wasn't the woods,dogs brought them into bed. Me and both my beagles are being treated for Lyme. First week or so was kinda cocky about it wasn't too bad last few days I just want to nap all day with joint pain. Might be late but sprayed all around the house and plan on taking better precautions. Since getting it I'm finding a ton of people in PA are reaching out that also had it or are getting it this year. It's nuts out there be careful

My mom has lymes disease. Got it back when I was in high school. Never realized she had it for a few years. Unfortunately when you let it progress without treatment, that’s when it becomes life threatening. She has been through all kinds of treatments the past few years and still today had issues with joint pain, short term memory loss, and chronic fatigue. For anyone who thinks ticks and lymes disease are a joke think again. Protect yourself and your family and always spray down before going into the woods. I’d be more concerned about getting lymes disease then the corona virus this fall.

Now there’s a true statement. Maybe they should mandate Permethrin too. :think:

Being in the outdoors as much as we are is much more dangerous than coronavirus. I’m amazed by how many do nothing to protect themselves from ticks. Most of the people I know that currently have Lyme Disease don’t spend 1/10 of the time that I do in the woods.
druski
Facebook: no on facbook

Unread postby druski » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:00 pm

I think the Military used for years and still uses
I was never sure about odor so I hesitated but never thought about asking on here
Caught that video the other day
Good stuff

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”