Saddle hunting question.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

john1984

Saddle hunting question.

Unread postby john1984 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Can you guys please explain or SHOW me how to attach your sticks to your saddle?? Also what do you do with your tag ends from your Linemans ropes as your climbing the tree? How often do you utilize your 2nd linemans rope during hunting season ???

Having to juggle so many things climbing the tree.

I don't have a 2nd linemans belt any way.

I've never shot a public buck from a tree before.

cspot
500 Club

Re: Saddle hunting question.

Unread postby cspot » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:20 pm

john1984 wrote:Can you guys please explain or SHOW me how to attach your sticks to your saddle?? Also what do you do with your tag ends from your Linemans ropes as your climbing the tree? How often do you utilize your 2nd linemans rope during hunting season ???

Having to juggle so many things climbing the tree.

I don't have a 2nd linemans belt any way.

I've never shot a public buck from a tree before.

When using a Linesman I girth hitch the one side and the tag end on the other I just let dangle. Not sure what tether you are using, but you should be able to use it as a 2nd linesman belt to go around limbs. How much you use that depends upon the trees you are climbing.

As far as attaching sticks to your saddle. Genesis 3D makes some stuff to do that. It isn't bad for 1 stick, but if you are carrying 3 or 4 sticks I would prefer to carry them on a pack especially if using a platform.
Mopar1169
500 Club

Unread postby Mopar1169 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:36 pm

Like cspot said should be able to use tether as 2nd linesman belt. Genesis 3d has some cool stick carry stuff. You just gotta play with it to see what works for you. Don't be afraid to go up and down tree more then once don't have to get it all at once slow and steady will win the race.

https://genesis3dprinting.com/collections/all
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:51 pm

I'm still practicing with mine. But, I let the tag end of the linesman rope dangle. I attach the sticks to the saddle with rubber coated gear ties going up the tree. Also the platform.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
Ahawk116

Unread postby Ahawk116 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:33 pm

I always daisy chain the excess just to keep it from getting tangled up.
If you want to go up the tree in one trip you can tie some loops out of paracord or something else attach them to your saddle then put the end of the stick through the opening in the loop.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:38 am

I was climbing a small tree yesterday. The tag end just seemed to land right where my foot was trying to go. I need alot more practice . Dewey was right... Owning expense toys don't kill big bucks.....

At least I'm eliminating my excuses :D
Bowmanmike

Unread postby Bowmanmike » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:26 am

You got it,practice is key..I got my saddle setup in the spring and have been messing with it since then.
You will figure it out..Have you tried one sticking? I use my platform with two aiders to climb sometimes,it is not bad.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”